5060bfaae988d.image.jpg

http://applebees.do/

applebees_coming_soon.jpg

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
International Global Development
We currently have two licensing agreements in place for the Middle East and Latin America.

The Middle East agreement provides for the development of 22 restaurants in five countries – United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – with the opportunity to expand the agreement to include other markets in the Middle East and North Africa, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Turkey.

The Latin America agreement provides for the development of a minimum of 12 restaurants throughout Mexico and Chile with the potential to expand the agreement to four other countries - Argentina, Brazil, Columbia and Peru.

We expect as many as three international locations to open during 2013.

Please direct all inquiries regarding global development to globaldevelopment@thecheesecakefactory.com. All inquiries must be made in writing.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
I say let's NOT homogenize the DR.
Many came here to get away, not to be herded, by a global franchise mentality.
Yes it could be an opportunity, but for whom and for what?
The many models you continuously propose are often ugly, unhealthy
and exploitative in many ways, fueling the fires of the oh-so-ugly class system here.

Shop local, be vocal.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
What a joke.....

I'm filthy rich.....

PICHARDO

You're a big BAG OF WIND........

All flash,

WEAK EDUCATION, TOTALLY BIAS, FOR YOUR ****HOLE COUNTRY,

TRY TELLING THE TRUTH FOR ONCE......

Look beyond the facade.......

Last edited:

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
There is so much good fresh food here and it is cheep there could be some very nice independent restaurants here but thy can not cook and thy well rob the owner blind so i guess we have to be happy with this way over priced american S**T . And thy well be happy with bananas.

*Spellcheck...please already.

-Berzin

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
pichardo, i leave to someone who has money to bet and fail on those franchises. i'm a customer. i just want cheesecake. there are no decent sweets here at all.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think dominicanos want those chains. they think it's kind of posh to eat in a chain restaurant like that. me, i just want some decent desserts.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My darlin' DV8: If you want cheesecake, why don't you tell me? The wonderful lady that does the cheesecake for the Centro Le?n Cafeteria will make you a great cheesecake.

I think that you should plan a trip to Santiago, and while here you can get a cheesecake that has passed many international palates with an excellent rating. Since it will be made to order, we need to coordinate this, but it can be done.

As for these franchises, "barf, barf" have yet to go to one of them....I happen to live between Bon and Hagen D?s....guess where I go!

Please let me know well ahead of time..

Cordially,

Your fan,

HB

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
If I ever get an oven that holds a stable temperature, I'll make you a New York style cheesecake to die for, Dv8!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
grace, not sure if that is really possible. our over only ever works well when we have power. so not all that often :)

miesposo also makes great cheesecakes. the problem is, everyone else in the family only ever eats bizcocho dominicano. so i have to eat the whole cheesecake myself.

oh wait. maybe that's NOT a problem? ;)

thanks for heads up, HB. i went to centro leon few weeks back, tried some sweets there. really good. i did not know they make stuff there by order...

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
i think dominicanos want those chains. they think it's kind of posh to eat in a chain restaurant like that. me, i just want some decent desserts.
Playero in Sosua has coffee bar with some of the BEST LOOKING sweets I have seen here. I did not sample, but you might give them a shot if you ever go there.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

One of the foreign food franchises (of the ones most popular at the time) that were inserted into the DR, was due to a person "wishing" for a bite of their stuff. I was there when him and two other friends wished for the same bite and we debated how hard could it be to bring it here.

Well, it only took a few e-mails and some phone time to find out all that was needed was a contract and assurances to open a set minimum stores in the DR. All to be carried out in tandem with the corporate office in the U.S.

Those same friends, (two to be exacting) decided to invest and trust their instincts that there were going to be more "wishers" like them willing to buy a piece of the stuff, but here in the DR.

Long story short, they did well on their first store and the second as well. The rest is now history.

What was once believed to be a relatively expensive contract, turned out to be the least expensive deal they both ever committed to in the DR. All it took was a few references, some liquid and mostly financial backup from a single local bank to get them rolling the dough in.

Unlike now, back then it was much harder to convince a foreign franchise corporate board that investment in the DR was a viable risk and sound ROIs.

The smaller the pocket, the larger will need to be the investor's pool.

On the other hand, the smaller the investor's pool the larger the ROI...

You don't need to be rich, in fact, rich people seldom go with this type of investment schemes where a corporation holds the reigns of financial longevity.