Cortecito roads will be paved!!!! (thanks Lord)

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Just very good news.
Dont know if all of them, but I think most of them, little roads inside El Cortecito area, where condominiums like Palm Suites, CocoMar, Santa Maria del Mar, Arenas de Bavaro, Arenas del Caribe, etc are, will be paved!
Just saw some workers taking measures of all those dusty roads.
I really, really cannot believe it ... my dream coming true.
When all of them paved and with little concrete paths added to each side of roads (like in the main road in el El Cortecito), this area will really look nicer!
Cheers!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I noticed last week they are paving that dangerous stretch to walk from bibijagua right down to the plaza. There's a whole lotta work going on in the area right now, for the better by the looks of things, lets hope the money doesn't run out before they fill the curb footers or you will have canals each side of the road rather than pathways.

Have I just tempted fate?:nervous:

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
for the info I have, they are gonna be paved because of an architect who works for a constructor (which has built some condos here and will keep building more) has the right contact, a high rank one, involved in these matters.
So you know how it goes, a phone call and done ...
So I assume there will be no run out of money to do this work ...
You know, in this life, we are nothing if not having contacts, sad but true! ... ;)

I noticed last week they are paving that dangerous stretch to walk from bibijagua right down to the plaza. There's a whole lotta work going on in the area right now, for the better by the looks of things, lets hope the money doesn't run out before they fill the curb footers or you will have canals each side of the road rather than pathways.

Have I just tempted fate?:nervous:

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
it is definitely progress and a good thing... BUT... to be completely honest, I'll miss the coral roads. I won't miss the pot holes, but there was something nostalgic and VERY Caribbean about walking down a coral gravel path that brings back memories of being in my late teens and wandering around Bimini Island. Nostalgia must take a back seat to progress though. :)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I've also noticed more politur walking around. And even female politur... I saw a group of female hot looking politur near plaza bavaro last week, what the heck is going on!!? and all those new sidewalks they are building...

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
looks like this area is finally moving forward, trying to reach what we name first world ...
this area is more than just hotels and beach, so everything must be taken care of ...

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Next thing you know we'll be devoting pages and pages here at dr1 bemoaning the "crackdown" on the prostitutes in Punta Cana.
Lol........At least Sosua could catch a break.:cross-eye

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
to take away the "ladies" in Bavaro/Cortecito would make it worthless to build all those nice walkways, or why should the visitors walk from the hotels to the Plaza etc etc then??, haha.
they started a good year and a half with the walkway project, it did big progress since, all around, not just in lil Cortecito. there are walkways in the whole area and also up in Veron.
at this moment you can walk from the Friusa crossing to the Plaza Bavaro crossing, continue down to Cortecito, pass all Cortecito, continue passing the Melia, Palma Shopping, IFA and the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort and from there walk all the way up to San Juan Plaza, and from there you can continue up to Veron and walk all Veron into both directions, upwards in the direction of La Otra Banda and downwards til the crossing where Veron hits the boulevard/highway.
Politur and other authorities presence been increased a lot since last summer, looks all positive til now.

Mike

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
That tells me it may be worth my while to bring my bicycle for my extended stay in August...

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
next improvement would be street lights and all beaches cleaned, not just the hotel ones ...
I have more faith now!!! :)