Golf driving range? Cabarete/Sosua - Where is the closest one?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I guess Costa Azul is closed... or? Heard some years that they were going to build something close to Monkey Jungle in Sosua. Anything happened there? Or is it still Playa Dorada that is the closest?

Thanks for info.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is the course at Costa Azul closed?

HB

I think so, but let me find out. I know it is not being maintained well at this time because Perdomo and his associates have no interest in it other than to sell it.

Back to the OP's question. HB, I don't think it ever had a distinct "driving range" did it?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I think so, but let me find out. I know it is not being maintained well at this time because Perdomo and his associates have no interest in it other than to sell it.

Back to the OP's question. HB, I don't think it ever had a distinct "driving range" did it?

I remember playing there looong time ago and it was really not a golf course, still something to do a non-windy day, and don't remember it having a driving range. Thanks for investigating Windeguy.

Dec 21, 2008
Costa Azul is closed.

Mr Silver Fox and I golf in Costambar...not a great course, but not a bad course either...sort of a driving range if you call a Dominican running after all the balls you hit a driving range but I guess it works...much less expensive than Playa Dorada