Indoor bug control?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Has anyone solution to the mosquitoes and bugs that gets passed through the screen? I was going to buy the cheap zapper with good customers review but it said it isn't for indoor use? I tried the coke bottles method but between now very active cat and boy and since it did not attract that many bugs, my wife is against it big time. I used to just spray Raids bug spray once or every two months but since living with cat spraying raid has became big no-no.

That little buzzing sound is killing me tonight.
:(

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Unless you are using chicken wire for screening, the mosquitoes and bugs are not getting through the screens.

More likely there are gaps on the sides, top or bottom of the screens, this would be the first places I would check.

Another problem that would allow bugs to crawl in would be large gaps under the doors, a cure for this would be threshold plates with rubber seals under the doors. Ochoa sells them (Or they did)

Shop Door Thresholds at Lowes.com

Another source of mosquitoes is when the doors are opened.

Bug zappers don't won't for mosquitoes unless you also purchase the special lure to attract the mosquitoes.

Octenol Mosquito or Pheromone Fly Lure

"R"

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I leave the kitchen light on at night to draw the flying bugs there.............
then I put a fan at the end of the bed blowing across me.............
NO MORE problems with mosquitoes or any flying bug bothering me at night..............
Nothing else seemed to work.............

B in Santiago

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the green spirals work well, especially in small areas. cats do not get close. but a kid can. on the other hand a small burn is a lesson in life, and that includes careless adults ;)

we also use spray. i kick the cats out of the bedroom, spray there. half an hour later i come in, open door and windows.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
thanks for all the advice.. I will tighten up and close all the small openings and perhaps try few items that has ok reviews on Amazon. The coil isn't option and we do have a small repellent that is safer then coils but the little pallets it uses are running low. I will report back with results if few of those traps or zappers actually worth paying.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
for anyone who has roaches in the cupboards or coming in through windows or doors, here is another useful product.

Maxforce FC Magnum, Maxforce Magnum Roach Bait Gel - Free Shipping

It is far and away the best thing i have ever used for roaches. You simply 'inject' the poison in the tiny places that the roaches can go, under doors, in the small cracks around screens, under sink etc........this stuff is awesome, the roach not only eats it, but takes it back to his house and feeds the other roaches, result is that they all die.

it is poison, so you dont want to put it anywhere a pet could eat it, but it is designed for small spaces where the roaches run to.

Amazon sells it, but i dont know if you cn buy it here in DR. One tube will easily do a ground floor.

dave

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
turn your A/C down to 70 or 71, that knocks out all the flying insects. It even makes my girl friend leave.