Modafinil/Provigil questions

obama

May 18, 2013
Hola,
I was wondering if there is a generic version for modafinil also known as provigil in Sosua/DR that is cheaper or the original is fine. I have run out but I have the packet with the prescription label on it. Will they accept this or do I need a prescription locally? (I am from the UK)
Thanks

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
Your best bet is to ask at the Public Pharmacy in Charamicos. This place is MUCH cheaper than the normal rip off merchants (Albertos). an example: 1 tube of Clotrimazol Cream, normal Pharmacy price RD$ 120 - 150, Public Pharmacy price RD$ 15. Blood pressure pills, normal pharm RD$ 8 -10 each, Pub Pharm RD$ 0.5 each. Dichlofenac pain killers , street price 8 - 10 each, public pharmacy RD$ 0.25 each. It is run by the government so that poor people can still get the meds they need and was set up by the then first lady (now deputy president) under the last regime. If you had been following me when I did News in English on Ch3 OlaTV you would have been told about all this many times!!
:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you can only use a farmacia del pueblo with a prescription from public hospital. and their choice of meds in limited to basics.

i know we did not carry this medicine but here are some other names of generics: modalert, modiodal, modvigil, alertec.

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
WOAH there NOOOOOT TRUE!!! I/we use the farmacia del pueblo frequently, NEVER with a prescription as you say. We have never been refused service, and I have recommended the establishments to many friends and aquaintences and they have all had the same experience
you can only use a farmacia del pueblo with a prescription from public hospital. and their choice of meds in limited to basics.

i know we did not carry this medicine but here are some other names of generics: modalert, modiodal, modvigil, alertec.