Why are so many Ford Escape on the market, is this good or bad?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I checked reviews and the Escape gets pretty good ones.

But why are there so many on sale in the DR?

Do the owners want to get rid of them due to, what? No parts available? Car not good for DR conditions?

Anybody knows more than I do?

Thanks! :)

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
no import taxes for car dealers and the escape is better on gas then the explorer.thanks for us americans Dominicans still can't get oover there love for the japaness cars.keeps the price down.also American parts are cheaper and easier to find then 10 years ago.place like ameriparts en Santiago sell all the parts you need.they also ship same day to anywhere in the country.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I don't like this natural gas thing. Not sure but scared it could explode or such... :)

Of course I prefer a small footprint on usage. But the car would not be used daily. I work from home, so no commuting, just for shopping, weekend trips and so on...

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Escape has weak transmission and suspension, it's built like a sedan, just a bit higher. Not good for DR. I was thinking about one for my wife, but finally I bought Chevrolet Trailblazer for her, much stronger truck chassis.

Feb 7, 2007
Rockauto, carpartswholesale, ebay and amazon.
I get part number from rockauto and search on amazon, usually get lower price and free two day shipping. But sometimes rockauto or carpartswholesale have lower prices. Ans also ebay. So check out each and every one before buying.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i dunno. i just do not trust those propane systems. i wrote about a nice neat explosion of a gas powered pickup here in costambar. burnt to a crisp.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
ordering parts online? Personally i don't want to wait days and days to be able to drive my car.
In most cases it's not required to replace the part immediately, if you check your car periodically. If you have to replace ball joints, tie rod ends or any suspension or steering part, you can just wait until new part arrives. If you have some oil leaks, you can wait for new gaskets, seals or o?rings. The same with a/c parts, if you have a leak from evaporator, you can just add another can of refrigerant and wait for the new evaporator from rockauto.com or ebay instead of paying triple price in DR. Only few parts like fuel pump can make you not able to drive your car until the part is replaced.

I waited 2 weeks for them to find the parts needed in Santiago, we live in Las Canas Gaspar Hernandez. Being iscolated with no car for 2 weeks was not fun in a rural area especially when 3 of our pets were sick and they had to get to dr bob in sosua....We rented a car for 3 weeks before waiting and didn't want to throw away more money! If your car can still move then by all means ordering the parts online is a good idea. I just had a bad experience!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't like this natural gas thing. Not sure but scared it could explode or such... :)

Of course I prefer a small footprint on usage. But the car would not be used daily. I work from home, so no commuting, just for shopping, weekend trips and so on...

Low miles = low gas costs, people often worry about their mileage and then say they drive 4,000 miles/yr..... the savings is small in that case.

Simiiarly, converting to propane calls for high mileage to recoup the investment.

OP. the Escape is a good car.....just happen to be many for sale..... crossovers are different than small SUV's.
RD may car for a stronger frame, depending on where you intend to drive.

For city driving, crossovers are the ticket.... smoother, better gas, etc.... but often somewhat smaller

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We just went to 2 cars a year ago.

Much better.. nobody stranded by the other's errands
And takes the stress off one car - less miles.... one for local, the other for road trips