Cheapest way to get to La Romana

papillionsprincess

Aug 26, 2008
What is the cheapest way to get to La Romana, Be Live Canoa from SDQ. I want to take a bus or shuttle, if not how much is the average taxi fare and distance

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Butterfly,
I am not sure where you are starting from but there is a local bus that goes from under the flyovers near the Chinese quarter in Santo Domingo that goes to La Romana - well outside the town before all those railways for 180 RD$. I did it the other way from Bavaro to La Romana to Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata ( last bit on Caribe tours) and overall it cost 1050 RD$ for the whole trip starting at 8:00 am I was in Pop at 5 pm the same day.
If you are actually starting from SDQ (Las americas) you need to get to the main carretera and then get the local bus to La Romana.
I have no idea of any names or anything - I was just a gringo using the local buses and everybody was very helpful and even with my poor spanish managed to get all the way.

HTH

Olly (no team this time )

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The buses to la Romana from the capital leave in a street near Parque in Duarte and one street up from Ave Mexico ,,The cost id 180 pesos for the express and 150 pesos for the non express...When you arrive in La Romana you can get off at the Parrada principal or go into the town where you can connect with a gua gua to Higuey or to Bayahibe

Aug 6, 2006
To get to La Romana, you pass through Boca Chica, Juan Dolio, and San Pedro first. The larger express buses will get you there faster.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Take taxi for 3-5 minute ride to Las Americas ($10 if you ask a dispatcher inside the airport, maybe less if you go outside of the airport and haggle w/one of the drivers). Tell the driver where you're going. The drop-off is the same for all bus destinations, but he will make sure that he communicates your intent to the dispatcher at the drop-off.

Note: The dispatcher will wear plain clothes (possibly dressed down), i.e., he might not appear to you as what he is. Make eye contact and stay close to him. He will make sure you catch the La Romana Bus (100+ pesos DR, around $4 US).

Getting on the bus tell the driver and conductor both about Be Live Canoa. They will drop you as close to there as possible where you will probably have to take another taxi for a short distance.Good luck.

Last edited: