Very Sad (Girl drowns at Resort in POP)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just days ago another girl - almost 2 years old - drowned in a stream behind a family house.

i posted a short story about a polish guy here on the north coast teaching people (including small children) how to swim. parents, invest in some classes or never take your eyes off the kid when they are playing in the water.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you look on the side at other related videos there is so much regarding the kids... lots of drownings, fires, accidents. the most painful thing is that so much of this could be prevented. yes, children are difficult to control: they fall, they bruise, they hit themselves. but one thing is to have a child slip and fall on the face (split second) and another to have it wander away to the stream/pool, fall and drown.

we sometimes have friends come with us to the pool and i stare at their kids all the time. we all pay attention.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This can happen so fast - I'd like to know what the lifeguard was doing while this happened.

Years ago we were staying at the Hispaniola in SD [coincidentally, Mr. AE was the lifeguard there when he was very young] and we had 2 nephews and a niece with us at the pool one day. The youngest boy, about 6, went too deep down the incline, and in seconds he was in trouble. Mr. AE had gone into the restaurant, and the lifeguard had walked over to the towel stand. Before I could even react, that lifeguard FLEW across the cement and dove into the pool to pull the boy out. It could have ended much differently. Yes, he got a generous tip.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Few years ago my husband and I were staying at Coral Marien (Be Live now) and a group of Dominican women brought their army of kids and were too busy drinking and trying to catch the eyes of men to bother looking at their kids.
We were sitting near the shallow end of the pool and out of the corner of my eye I saw a little boy floating. My husband scooped him up and I surprised myself how fast my CPR training came back to me considering I never really had to use it... Needless to say the boy regained consciousness, but had he been in there for a few more seconds I don't think he would`ve been so lucky.

The mother runs over ****ed drunk with a beer in her hand screaming ``Ay dios Mio``... than it turned into a huge screaming match between her and my husband.

I wouldn`t be surprised if the mother was too `busy`with something else.