Question DR Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Why does every Dominican Chica seem to have one or 2 kids already by the age of 21 and generally single?
Is this a cultural thing, encouraged to have kids at all costs and can barely support?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not every dominicana. just poor and dumb ones. the sex life starts early here and the contraception is often limited to counting on the mercy of the lord. and fathers just don't care. all that counts is to spawn an offspring as the proof of their masculine power. paying for the child and hanging around is not macho.

now brace yourselves for the arrival of chip....

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Yes, they are encouraged. At least those who live in poor areas. I've known of 21 or 22 year old girls who are desperate to have a child because they feel they are getting too old for it. They are even willing to conceive that child with any man (yes, any) who seems to be more or less responsible enough to provide basic stuff for the baby.
Others do it because having the child of the barrio alpha male is a status symbol in the barrio. And yet others do it in order to live off the benefits they get from the father once they get pregnant.
Lack of education, lack of culture, lack of proper values and lack of better things to do with their lives are a problem in some sectors of DR population.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, they are encouraged. At least those who live in poor areas. I've known of 21 or 22 year old girls who are desperate to have a child because they feel they are getting too old for it. They are even willing to conceive that child with any man (yes, any) who seems to be more or less responsible enough to provide basic stuff for the baby.
Others do it because having the child of the barrio alpha male is a status symbol in the barrio. And yet others do it in order to live off the benefits they get from the father once they get pregnant.
Lack of education, lack of culture, lack of proper values and lack of better things to do with their lives are a problem in some sectors of DR population.

Also lack of a Condom.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
Why does every Dominican Chica seem to have one or 2 kids already by the age of 21 and generally single?
Is this a cultural thing, encouraged to have kids at all costs and can barely support?

Yeah its really annoying actually, - especially when you meet a really nice one - only to find out that she' has a couple of ninos already.

Don't they realize how that affects their value to future guys ????

I guess not. - the behavior is so common.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Don't they realize how that affects their value to future guys ????

it does not affect their value. kid with the previous guy is sent away to the family and new child is produced with the current guy. easy.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Yeah its really annoying actually, - especially when you meet a really nice one - only to find out that she' has a couple of ninos already.

Many times, that's the only reason why guys even get the chance to meet them....

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Long story short..............
The young "Dominican Chica" (as you so cavalierly refer to her) probably has next to zero knowledge of the female reproductive system.
She wields zero power in the course of things.
She probably had no idea what was happening when she was penetrated by the more powerful male of the species.
In some circles it is preferable to keep young women down and dumb...
Some religions even preach that kind of stuff.
Believe it or not.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
not every dominicana. just poor and dumb ones. the sex life starts early here and the contraception is often limited to counting on the mercy of the lord. and fathers just don't care. all that counts is to spawn an offspring as the proof of their masculine power. paying for the child and hanging around is not macho.

I agree with this 100%. I know plenty of 20-somethings who don't have kids, but they're not barrio rats.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Not even close to the truth. Depends on the people you know. I know many Dominicans in their mid-twenties that are single and have no children. I know some that are married and have none or only one child.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What is a "barrio Rat"? Would Fruisa be considered a barrio?

Next time you are in Fruisa instead of turning right at the Texaco station coming from the Plaza Bavaro area go straight a bit and you will see a barrio.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I know it tends to run in families, and have seen it happen too often. At the same time I don't get why so many girls repeat the mistakes they see all around them. They may lack positive role models, but why don't negative role models act as a deterrent?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
And I have one other question about the "Dominican Chicas".. I've noticed that when I express interest in meeting someone I like, and we exchange some verbal pleasantries, they "all" address me as "mi amor". In other words it changes from "mi amigo" to "mi amor".. OR is "mi amor" just a common greeting used very casually? I'm just trying to navigate my way through the cultural differences...

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Next time you are in Fruisa instead of turning right at the Texaco station coming from the Plaza Bavaro area go straight a bit and you will see a barrio.

I've been down that hill a few times... Not late at night though..

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
because they are not considered as negative? look at the baby, so CUTE! now i want one too!

Yes, if it's the girl down the road, but when the reality of the consequences of having babies you cannot afford is under your own roof...

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Some women just love having children. I always knew that I would have a big family.
But....I can afford mine, so that's a little different.

SHALENA

Status
Not open for further replies.