Mariposa DR Foundation international award

umeafdb

Mar 9, 2010
The Mariposa Center for Girls (based in Cabarete) has received the 2013 Swarovski Crystal of Hope Award, a major international award that recognizes its work in the DR with girls' education and with the fight against HIV/AIDS. The group was as one of four organizations currently benefiting from the Girl Effect Fund on GlobalGiving.org to receive a share of the ?100,000 endowment, which will be presented in Vienna on May 25, 2013 at Europe?s largest fundraising event, the Life Ball (Life Ball). Patricia Suriel will accept the award on behalf of the Mariposa Foundation from actress and producer Hilary Swank at an elaborate ball (glittering with Swarovsk crystals) at the Vienna City Hall. The event will be covered by some 60 international television stations and more than 500 publications. Sir John Elton and Bill Clinton will also be there to personally acknowledge the work that the foundation has done. From my contacts at The Meeting Place I know how valuable the work that the Mariposa Center does and I also know that there are many people have worked and contributed to the center and much effort that has gone into making the Mariaposa Center into such a valuable resource for girls and women in the area. Congratulations to all who have worked so hard.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Wonderful news! Patricia & Jessica have done so much for the young girls of Cabarete. This honor shining a light on their projects will do wonders for the new school (former Learning Center).