Emergency Weather Alert From US Embassy

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
United States Embassy Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic Security/Emergency Message for U.S. citizens: Storm Alert May 22, 2013

The Embassy has received an alert from the Dominican Emergency Operations Center (COE) regarding approaching heavy storms this afternoon, May 22, 2013. Heavy rains are expected with the possibility of flash flooding, landslides and overflow of rivers particularly in the following areas: Monse?or Nouel, San Pedro de Macor?s, Monte Plata, San Crist?bal including Villa Altagracia, S?nchez Ram?rez, Azua and the Greater Santo Domingo area.
U.S. citizens are advised to exercise caution and to avoid or limit their activity, if possible, in areas that may potentially be affected by the storms. For up-to-date information, please visit COE?s twitter feed at: https://twitter.com/COE_RD

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ya.. ya ... ya. When has the D.R. ever gotten it near to close on the weather or anything?

I need hay and none can be found in the Whole D.R.

My pastures are dry and Coraplata is too since they don't supply what I pay for. (North Coast) Nothing unusual, THEY cut the water lines and then wait for me to call.

Had ONE thunder strike hit over the Atlantic Ocean last night. Dunderdogs go nuts and I let them in to have vibrator bed. NO RAIN.

I catch rain water for my cisterns... I'm down 5K gallons! I can store 60K gallons.

So?????? where is the rain????

MORE IMPORTANTLY...... WHERE IS MIKE FISHER?

Gone like so many others... DR1 just NOT worth much time.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thanks Wud. About the only reason that I look here is for Mike's REAL weather. Looks like he has no real problem with this week.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Ya.. ya ... ya. When has the D.R. ever gotten it near to close on the weather or anything?

I need hay and none can be found in the Whole D.R.

My pastures are dry and Coraplata is too since they don't supply what I pay for. (North Coast) Nothing unusual, THEY cut the water lines and then wait for me to call.

Had ONE thunder strike hit over the Atlantic Ocean last night. Dunderdogs go nuts and I let them in to have vibrator bed. NO RAIN.

I catch rain water for my cisterns... I'm down 5K gallons! I can store 60K gallons.

So?????? where is the rain????

MORE IMPORTANTLY...... WHERE IS MIKE FISHER?

Gone like so many others... DR1 just NOT worth much time.

lots of rain over the past two -three weeks in Jarabacoa an I noticed hay being transported last week, several large truck loads. Where was coming from and where it was going I know not.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
HAY BOB! You get me me a name and number for GOOD hay... I need and all around me needs.

Ahhh. LET's buy it all and corner the market? Sincerely, no one has any. But hay needs to grow, be cut and DRY before collected. Otherwise the damp hay grows mold and other nasty stuff that will kill the animal eating it.