Pictures for residency renewal

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I've gotten the medical results and I'm going back to complete the permanent residency renewal process. I'm wondering how Dominicans take such pictures. Should I smile or not smile? And is it necessary to be completely clean shaven with no stubble at all?

Feb 7, 2007
If it is for paperwork, you can take your pictures in Pasaportes, I think it is 100 pesos for a set of 4 pictures. You will need a set from front and a set from profile. For the Residency ID card picture it is taken inside Migracion office, no cost. Picture for cedula taken at JCE office, your mug shot comes included in the exorbitantly high cedula price. I find it normal to be groomed for ID pictures.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
all i know is: covered arms, no jewelry, no glasses, hair off the forehead. don't smile. they may tell you to look straight, little to the left/right. since the pictures are to be done on the spot you do not have to worry about much. if i were you i would shave, unless you have a long, bushy mustache/beard for years.

no matter what you do you will always look bad :( all the pictures of me dominican government provided so far are beyond tragic. on my residency photo i look like one of them "10 scariest ghost pictures".

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Thanks for the responses. I usually shave with an electric razor that leaves just a little stubble (I have sensitive skin). I'm wondering whether the government office could give me problems about that when I go in to get the pictures taken.