Help Viva Cell info needed

Lorraine Stobbe

May 27, 2013
I have a Viva cell phone and the company refuses to answer my question although I have translated to English and sent to website as well as having tried to get help locally. I thought I was supposed to be able to call my favorite for free. Although he has been added, and today i was told each time I call 3 pesos are deducted, the problem is that each day I called him, after 12 or so minutes the call was cut off saying I had no minutes left.

Is there a time limit to the calls to favorites?

Is there a number I can text to get remaining minutes in a text message?

Is there a number I can text to check voice mails?

Thank you,
Lorena

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
According to VIVA website:

? 1 N?mero Favorito a cualquier operador en RD, EE.UU., Puerto Rico o Canad? para hablar a 5 ? (+ imp.) el segundo, despu?s del primer minuto. - Para disfrutar de la tarifa preferencial de tu numero favorito, debes marca el signo de n?mero (#)seguido del n?mero de tel?fono de tu favorito al momento de realizar tu llamada.? 2 Mega Favoritos de Voz y SMS dentro de la red VIVA con los cuales podr?s hablar y enviar Mini Mensajes completamente gratis. - Con tus Mega Favoritos, hablas a 5 ? (+imp.) el segundo durante el primer minuto y el resto de la llamada es completamente gratis.? Los Mini Mensajes a tus n?meros Mega Favoritos son completamente gratis e ilimitados. - Mini Mensajes a RD$1.00 (+ imp.) a cualquier operador en Rep?blica Dominicana.

------------------------------

There are two kind of favorites:

5c per second when you call non-Viva numbers in DR, or numbers in the US, Canada and PR. 5 cents per second is 3 pesos per minute (60 x 0.05 = 3).

The other type is Megafavorito, which is for calls to other Viva numbers, in which you only pay for the first minute and the remainder of the call is free of charge.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I have a Viva cell phone and the company refuses to answer my question although I have translated to English and sent to website as well as having tried to get help locally. I thought I was supposed to be able to call my favorite for free. Although he has been added, and today i was told each time I call 3 pesos are deducted, the problem is that each day I called him, after 12 or so minutes the call was cut off saying I had no minutes left.

Is there a time limit to the calls to favorites?

Is there a number I can text to get remaining minutes in a text message?

Is there a number I can text to check voice mails?

Thank you,
Lorena

Hello Lorena,

You can check your voice mail diling *89 also you can set up your voicemail in english.

If the favorite number you are calling is an off net network, mean number from other company in Dominican, USA or PR they charge half price, if your favorite is On Net, mean Viva's number then they charge only the 1st. minute and the rest of the call is for free not limit.

I sugest you, If you call a lot to your favorite number is better apply for Plan Perfecto where you can call to your favorite number any time you want and not charges for the frist minute, with that plan is free by the first minute and you do not need contract because you pay in advance.

Plans start on 50 minutes plan for 360.00 + tax. monthly. and you can cancel whenever you want.

If you dial #234# send you can check your favorite number and replace it for a new one if you want too, they charge 50.00 pesos for each change.

If you dont have minutes you just dial #767# send they give you 1 minute call that will be discounted next time you add credit to your number.

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
I think it depends on your plan too. Me and my husband have over 5,000 free minutes to call eachother.. Every time we buy minutes for our phones it gives us "Super Favorito" minutes. We never use them much since we don't call eachother that often on the phones so they continue to pile up..

#111# to get the text of how many pesos are left on the phone..

Yes this is Viva.

Jen