What is the quickest and most economical way to send clothes to RD?

dre

May 28, 2013
Hi all,

I am new here. Greetings from the not so Big Apple:laugh:

I have A questions:

1)What is the quickest and most economical way to send clothes to RD?

Kindest,

Dre

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Most economical - get a [free] big box from one of the mundanzas in the Bronx - Embarque Bella Vista, Montero, etc. Fill it up, you'll get a LOT in there, can add other 'stuff'. Should cost about $75, will deliver it right to the door almost anywhere in DR, no customs/duties. Takes about 3 weeks usually.

dre

May 28, 2013
Most economical - get a [free] big box from one of the mundanzas in the Bronx - Embarque Bella Vista, Montero, etc. Fill it up, you'll get a LOT in there, can add other 'stuff'. Should cost about $75, will deliver it right to the door almost anywhere in DR, no customs/duties. Takes about 3 weeks usually.

Hey
Thanks for the quick response. What's a "mundanzas" and is there an alternative in terms of a shorter time?
Thx

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They ship door to door, no customs fees, by ship.

For shorter time, by air, you're eliminating the 'economical' aspect, as you will pay a fortune for shipping, plus the person receiving it will have to pay hefty customs fees. You're looking at FedEx, DHL, UPS or similar.

dre

May 28, 2013
They ship door to door, no customs fees, by ship.

For shorter time, by air, you're eliminating the 'economical' aspect, as you will pay a fortune for shipping, plus the person receiving it will have to pay hefty customs fees. You're looking at FedEx, DHL, UPS or similar.

Gotcha, loud and clear!!! Thanks a mill.!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Grace, I've got a question for you. I'm interested in buying four rims for my truck that are for sale in Latham, NY.

They would fit in a drum, so I'm thinking about having them picked up and shipped down by one of the companies that do the drum shipments. I'd need one that could supply the drum.

Would you have any recommendations?

We use Embarque Bella Vista. The drums all the shippers use are 20.5" across the top and 33" tall. Latham is up near Albany, NY, we're pretty sure there are no pickups there. Leo says if you want to ship them here, we will get a drum and pack them for you, just make sure they will fit in there. The drum is $35, the shipping is $100. We can straighten out with the money when we get there in December. [Probably more room around the sides for other 'stuff' if you want/need].

If they don't fit in the drum, they also have some massive cardboard boxes, remind me of wardrobe boxes that movers use. The box is $10 and the shipping is $125, so cost the same, but they're wider and taller. When we ship boxes, we wrap them with shrink wrap for sturdiness.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
JD, mudanzas will ship anything. We just shipped down a gas powered tiller, picked it up from our driveway, and they will pack/box it up before shipping.

Question: how will the seller ship these to the mudanza? If in a box, they can be reshipped to DR the same way. Actually, they can be re-shipped in any manner.

Anyhow, here's Embarque Bella Vista's phone#: (718) 378-5252

PS. Leo called his contact. They don't even have to be packed to be shipped. The cost when they are loose will be based on the quality of the rims. Would they fit into four standard boxes? Two drums? Might come out cheaper if they can't see what's in there.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Well, that didn't work out. They want 60 dollars a rim just to ship, without figuring in the pick up charge or customs here. That's not going to work.

At least I gave it a shot. Thanks again, Grace..

With a mudanza, it's door to door. The price includes customs, I don't know it that makes a difference to you.