Replacement KDK Ceiling Fan Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Hi Everyone, I have several KDK ceiling fans and nearly all the blades have rust on the edges. Last summer, I took all the blades off, sanded them and repainted them with spray paint. But here they are rusting again. I'm probably going to take them off again, sand them again, this time prime them with the red anti-oxide paint and try again...but eventually, the sanding and painting are going to affect the blades. Does anyone know if you can buy replacement blades only? My fans work fine so I hate to have to replace the entire assembly.... Sorry, I searched the forums, but my searches turn up too many options that seem unrelated to be able to go through each one... Thanks! Judy

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi Everyone, I have several KDK ceiling fans and nearly all the blades have rust on the edges. Last summer, I took all the blades off, sanded them and repainted them with spray paint. But here they are rusting again. I'm probably going to take them off again, sand them again, this time prime them with the red anti-oxide paint and try again...but eventually, the sanding and painting are going to affect the blades. Does anyone know if you can buy replacement blades only? My fans work fine so I hate to have to replace the entire assembly.... Sorry, I searched the forums, but my searches turn up too many options that seem unrelated to be able to go through each one... Thanks! Judy
Weird, having to sand and paint them after 1 year. I've had fans that lasted 5+ years without needing to sand and paint them. I'm at lost for advice on this one. Check out a few small shops that do fan repairs (a lot around) you will surely find some blades.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
My cleaning lady's brother-in-law repairs fans. I'll ask her on Friday to ask him where he gets his fan repair parts.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i have used KDK fan in santiago for 12 yrs straight and never needed to do anything except get the dust off it.
AZB

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
When we bought our KDK at Distribuidora Gonzalez in POP, Laura said they keep replacement blades in stock. Living near the ocean sure makes things rust faster than things do at higher elevations.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Santiago, not being near an ocean, is the reason why there is no rust.

judypdr are you near the ocean?

I would be pleasantly surprised if replacement blades are available.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Rustoleum should do the trick... I use it on my BBQ and am rust free.

I am near the ocean..... everything gets eaten....

For overhead fans -- get the fibre or plastic blades next time... or wood
Anything synthetic

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
INNOVACION in SD are the official reps of KDK in the DR. They sell replacement blades and other spare parts. Try Av Luperon. betwwen Jumbo and Antonys

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Thanks Everyone! Yes, I'm on a hill in Costambar looking over the ocean and have constant ocean breezes. The fan in the living room with all the ocean-facing windows is the biggest problem. I'll try the Puerto Plata store or Innovacion in the fall when I go to SD to renew my residency.

Status
Not open for further replies.