rain...

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
I never expected that I will complain on weather in Dominican republic...
anyway last weeks always gets cloudy whole day, starts to rain in the afternoon..and sometimes stays like that whole night..was in San Juan de Maguana, Azua, now I'm in San jose de ocoa and it rains all the time...

when it will finish ? or next weeks will be always rainy like now ? how is the weather where you are now...?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Santo Domingo. Rain for the past 3 or 4 days. It's the beginning of the hurricane season (june-november), so we can have rain at any time until november.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I love this weather, but unfortunately Dominicans die instantly if they come into contact with rainwater, so the streets are ghostly, which isn't such a bad thing occasionally. Traffic is hideous at GDG, San isidro intersection, why do they insist on sending out trainee AMET on a rainy day at a very well light operated intersection. Just took me 2 hours to come 6km.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I love this weather, but unfortunately Dominicans die instantly if they come into contact with rainwate

Bad hair day.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hlwukFC-f-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coming from Vancouver (RAIN NON STOP) It is really funny to watch the Dominicans run from the rain and go no where. Umbrellas on motos etc... I like that people stay in when raining, less traffic where we live and i Don't have to water our huge Garden.
My Wife and I laugh non stop of the faces of the people who are caught outside in the rain.
No school when Rain???!!! Wish i lived here when i was going to school!
Don't mind the rain here as much as Van. At least it is warm here and the sun actually does come out.

Hard rain here last 2 nights I think. Thunder, lightning. Glad we got our leaky roof fixed 2 weeks ago or we would have a waterbed!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i love this season. i just can't with normal dominican weather: it's painfully hot and humid. cloudy is nice. rain is fresh. i'm all in.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I've learned from dominicans not to go out, or get the hell out of the streets when it rains. Flooded streets, unreasonable traffic jams, and women with ruined hair. Not for me. ;)

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
It feels like it's raining all over the world.
I know it isn't.
But it feels like it.
It has been raining for on just about a week here in Montreal.
:tired:
Getting old........just sayin.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I can't get laid when it rains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The "Girls" won't leave their houses!!!!
It is ,however, a great time to go anywhere that there is usually a "Line".
Banks, pay utilities, supermarkets.
Dominicans are all home with a "Bag" over their heads!
I have a "Love/Hate" relationship" with "RAIN"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
How about a little rainy day music..........

[video=youtube;bDRbF80NKDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDRbF80NKDU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I never expected that I will complain on weather in Dominican republic...
anyway last weeks always gets cloudy whole day, starts to rain in the afternoon..and sometimes stays like that whole night..was in San Juan de Maguana, Azua, now I'm in San jose de ocoa and it rains all the time...

when it will finish ? or next weeks will be always rainy like now ? how is the weather where you are now...?

What do you expect? Is May, is rare to see a clear day on that month in the DR...