Do they fix electronic things here?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I have 4 broken 21"-24" LCD monitors and 3 CCTV cameras that art sitting here and the maintenance guy sitting here says, they can't fix a single one. Should I believe that no one can bring back these $1800+ electronic stuff when new? Does everybody in DR just throw their electronic items when it seems like not working? Or is my guy trying to make few bucks on the side???

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
21-24 LCD Monitors can easily be fixed unless the problem is the screen. I don't know if it would be cost effective since most of them go for less than US$ 200 new, but they should be fixable if the problem is in the electronics and not in the screen itself. All along Av. 30 de Mayo in Gazcue you can find a few shops that fix this kind of things.

I guess your CCTV cameras are really expensive, given the total amount you give, and I really don't know of any place that would fix CCTV cameras.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think they fix everything there. It's just a matter of finding the right person. We had a flat screen TV that kept shutting off after less than one minute, BIL took it to someone in SD and they fixed it for 1000 pesos. And apologized that it was so expensive, because of the cost of the part.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
We sent this out to see if I can get it fixed and apparently folks here says it isn't possible. I can't believe all same model night vision camera broke with in 3 months periods hooked up to different power source and 33 others are working properly. And at least one 24 inch monitor has power supply problem since it was mine. I will have to check this out personally I guess.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you could tell him you are going to burn them and see he decides he can get rid of them for you

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I don't know where you are but there is a guy here in Cabarete who fixes the electronics in TVs, washing machines and invertors, so may be does other electronic goods too, although I should think CCTV cameras might be a bridge too far. PM me if you want details and I'll dig them out for you.

cleverlemming

Jul 14, 2012
Does everybody in DR just throw their electronic items when it seems like not working? Or is my guy trying to make few bucks on the side???

Not only do they fix things, but they get out their soldering irons and do board-level repairs. Back in the USA, they just switch out boards, charge you a fortune for a new one, and then send the old one somewhere to get the substandard capacitor or whatever it was replaced for a song. I took a nearly-new fan that I was planning on throwing away, like the one it replaced, to the local ingeniero electr?nico and he made it better than new in about five minutes by putting in a better starting capacitor. I get excited when I find really competent people here who love their work because when they're good, they're really good.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
try the guy who installed out security system. he installs, maintains and fixes all kinds of security equipment, including cameras. he is in santiago. eriel: 809 649 5616, 829 429 6985, 809 416 0677.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
There's a company called Seguritec that supplies all of the security companies with their equipment in Santiago. It's on la calle Onesimo Jimenez in Los Jardines. If you take the 27 de febrero from your place, you would turn left onto Onesimo at Pizarelli. The shop is on the right hand side of the road, it's kind of small from the outside. They have a secretary who speaks English as well.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
There is also Electronicas de Santiago just west of the police base at the old airport on Bartolome Colon.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
They have fixed everything I have sent out.... subwoofer , ceiling fan anything... masters of regeneration.

As said above It's just finding the right man