Silver coins advice?

Silver_Surfer

May 29, 2013
Hi everyone,

I wanted to mail some of my silver coins abroad via Vimenpaq but they refused me saying coins are not allowed for sending in this country. Do you know any other courier services which can arrange this?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Most services will not accept coins or cash, and that's not something you want to send uninsured.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I would be careful sending coins. They may not make it through the customs check.

LTSteve

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I have three ships, solid silver, between 20" and 24" long made by the head jeweler of Tiffany's dozens of years ago for a guy in NJ. I bought them from his estate because they are the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria. I was going to bring them to the DR to put in a display case at my house; thought it would be cool.

Everyone I talked to -- from standards customs people to very well connected government officials -- strongly suggested I don't try to do that. "They will disappear" was the common thread. I was even going to bring them in on a friends private jet but was warned customs likely would seize them for 'inspection'.

My lesson: don't send valuable or expensive stuff through customs. The ships are safely in storage in Las Vegas...

dom

Jun 1, 2011
you can send it down, i have bought silver coins and ingots on US ebay many times, they will check the value of silver and charge you taxes accordingly, thats all.

there isnt much to inspect, weight it, compare to the grade of silver and current market value, and charge taxes accordingly.