Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pastilla 81

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pastilla 81

My friend complained of pain in all his body. He went to the pharmacy and was given "pastilla 81". He feels a bit better. But I am curious. Does anyone know what "pastilla 81" might be? Google is not being my friend on this!

By the way, is it a man thing or a Dominicain thing to just take whatever pill is given to you without asking questions?

Cheers
    Danielle

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone like Dv8 may be able to tell you with more certainty, but the only thing I know of that's 81mg is those baby aspirins that people take for heart issues nowadays. Aspirin was originally meant for pain, so that's a possibility.

I buy them in bulk for my grandpa as he takes one daily.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

my best guess is that he was given an aspirin 81 milligrams. many people take it daily for its benefits for the heart. it is a low dose but still may have a mild effect as a pain killer...

yes, dominicans usually go to the pharmacy, say they have pain/fever/rash/whatever and ask for a pill that will cure them. and then swallow whatever they are given without questioning.

4. Likes Mauricio, KateP, Criss Colon, SKing liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    my best guess is that he was given an aspirin 81 milligrams. many people take it daily for its benefits for the heart. it is a low dose but still may have a mild effect as a pain killer...

yes, dominicans usually go to the pharmacy, say they have pain/fever/rash/whatever and ask for a pill that will cure them. and then swallow whatever they are given without questioning.
    You can say that again. And again. And again.....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

my favourite client was an old haitian guy who showed up and announced he had a dolor vaginal. sorry, but for pu**y problems there is no other cure but a new pu**y. and we don't sell it here.

7. Likes artistdani liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all. He says the pills are very strong and really work well. Does not sound like baby aspirin to me! However, he never take pills of any kind so maybe his body reacts very well to just a bit of medecina. Oh well. As long as it works.
    Thanks again.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

of course the pills work very well, in the pharmacy they said the pills will work and they did part of the magic is also in the mind

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

did a little googling... "pastilla" seems to translate to "pill".

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they are vitamin B1, which is a vitamin B complex....Thiamine is a vitamin, also called vitamin B1
    B complex vitamins are good for body pain. (specially after work out)

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at a pharmacy yesterday, there was a guy with a prescription from a doctor for a medicine in suspension. The lady at the pharmacy said: no, that's wrong, you shouldn't buy that in suspension, I am going to give you tablets.

I was almost starting to interfere and say: "Are you his doctor?! Give him what the prescription says, or let him call his doctor to confirm!", but then I thought: never mind, I know dominicans cant stand to be doubted on their authority on a subject.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast