After all this DR police bashing s'thing to the contrary:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Day before yesterday my son's bicycle was stolen. Today my wife went to the police and learned that they already made some arrests, some youngsters were detained yesterday accused belonging to a gang that stole bicycles and washing machines etc. in Pueblo Bavaro. :)

They are waiting now for the arrival of the Mom of one of them to make some pressure to her son to talk lol...

Hopefully the bicycle will reappear.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Me too. I just heard a recent policia story experience from a friend that was as negative and corrupt as it gets, but after hearing this I feel confident in the system once again. :laugh:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Have you seen what qualifies as sexy here?:alien:

give, maybe there's something for everyone out there. but to me mozart la para is as sexy as a flea ridden viralata ripping apart a used pampers to get to the juicy contents. i like his songs, yes, but i'd rather look at a hyena licking its back hole...

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
How much will the precessing fee be to get the bike back from the police? And how much gas money for the investigation have you already chipped in?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
The bike hasn't appeared yet. They are interrogating them. They told my wife (she knows the jefe there) they will call her when there are news.

Regarding gas money etc... We paid nothing yet and my decision to recognize a maybe found bike as ours or buying a new one depends on if / what they want to try to charge...lol.

I think they might get more out of that russian guy with a querella for a 5 K USD bicycle stolen too than of the 12K pesos bicycle from my son... :D

How much will the precessing fee be to get the bike back from the police? And how much gas money for the investigation have you already chipped in?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Hmmm, I would never have even thought of going to the police here for a stolen bike (...)
Interesting gang stealing bikes and washing machines....I better chain my washing machine up when it arrives tomorrow!!!

sometimes it is not about the object itself but the fact that someone gained the access to your house/property. it is good to show that you care, thieves may be watching. also, it may be a good opportunity to revise security measures.

re: washing machine, believe it or not i saw them chained up in the barrio :) i know a girl who had machine one stolen. a bigger machine two is chained up and padlocked :)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Interesting gang stealing bikes and washing machines....I better chain my washing machine up when it arrives tomorrow!!!

Harleysrock... Chain the washer, pool pump, a/c's, inversor, barnyard animals...it won't stop the thieves, but you have the satisfaction of knowing they had to work for it.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
And Harleysrock... In all seriousness, some advice for you as a newish resident. There seems to be somewhat of a history of thefts/breakins after deliveries or home repairs/construction. . Either due to the workers themselves seeing what's there for the taking, passersby or neighbors seeing the activity, and even people seeing the empty cartons outside waiting for disposal.

Try to bring as many things as possible home yourself, and don't leave the empty carton for the 70" 3D Sony tv or new computer where people can see it.

And Harleysrock... In all seriousness, some advice for you as a newish resident. There seems to be somewhat of a history of thefts/breakins after deliveries or home repairs/construction. . Either due to the workers themselves seeing what's there for the taking, passersby or neighbors seeing the activity, and even people seeing the empty cartons outside waiting for disposal.

Try to bring as many things as possible home yourself, and don't leave the empty carton for the 70" 3D Sony tv or new computer where people can see it.

Ya i dispose of all of our boxes myself and never let them see us bring stuff in. I wait till they have gone home. I am psychotic about security.
Our main floor has nothing of value on it and that is the only place they would be able to see in. They see the 12 surveillance cameras, they are scared of our dogs, and i am getting an alarm. I have motion detectors that make noise etc... I actually know where the workers live as well.
Trust me i have read enough to know all about the workers and them coming back to get stuff. We are not flashy people here.

I assumed the bike was stolen from somewhere other than their home. I just have heard so much about police doing nothing that I wouldn't bother if it was stolen from school or whatever.
My house I would report!!

MY Moto I lock up to a cement pole in my closed locked garage.

i maybe a newbie, but security is one of my things i take very seriously and will do everything in my power for them to move on to the next house.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Actually my son let it on the street while coming into the house to do something. Coming into our lot to take the bicycle out of it is more unlikely since our Mal takes care there.