Haitian Beaten to Death in Raid in Juan Dolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
upon googling his name i found several reports but nothing in major dominican newspapers... from my daily reads only la zeta picked the story: Z 101

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
i would not hold your breath waiting for coverage on this one. But maybe. Maybe.

The Haitians that I know have told me that they are picked up on the street, and not allowed to return home for their papers. This guy had what is described as a "work visa" which I do not quite understand. I have seen a "business visa" from Haiti and that might be it. and there was a new program for companies - particularly the agricultural companies - to register their workers so that they could come and go from Haiti.

It would be wonderful if one of the powerful press commentators would take this subject on. There are clearly too many illegal Haitians here. The border is far too porous. But the method of simply picking up Haitian looking folks on the street is only going to generate another hue and cry against the DR in the international community. And for the DR press to remain silent in the face of this sort of abuse also looks very bad.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
This is very saddening.

It's my prayer that the Good Lord strengthens the family of the deceased!

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Not trying to minimize that Haitians death, but just today two Haitians decapitated a Dominican, in the Gurabo section of Santiago. So tell us MA, does the international community know about this, it would only be fair that they know about this as well, since its very likely they will be reporting about the Haitians death at the hands of immigration officials, don't you think?

Full report found in link below.

Expulsan a haitianos de Gurabo por muerte de dominicano - listindiario.com

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Decenas de haitianos indocumentados fueron expulsados por pobladores de la comunidad de los Platanitos, del sector de Gurabo, en Santiago, en represalia por la muerte de un dominicano, quien supuestamente muri? a manos de dos inmigrantes del vecino pa?s.

Los residentes del sector quemaron pertenencias de algunas de las viviendas ocupadas por los ciudadanos haitianos.

Pedro Felipe Alonso Gonz?lez, de 31 a?os, fue muerto con un arma blanca supuestamente por dos haitianos en circunstancias que la Polic?a a?n no ha establecido.

Decenas de haitianos huyeron del lugar ante la ira de los dominicanos, mientras a la zona fueron enviados agentes de la Polic?a a fin de calmar a los comunitarios.

Los familiares y vecinos de Gonz?lez dicen que los dos haitianos le cortaron la cabeza a su pariente.

Ernesto Pe?a, residente del lugar, dijo que en los ?ltimos tres a?os a esa zona se han mudado numerosos haitianos que estan de manera ilegal en el pa?s y que la mayor?a, alegadamente, se dedica a cometer actos delictivos.

Asimismo, pidi? al Centro de Formaci?n y Acci?n Social y Agraria (CEFASA), que tiene su sede en Gurabo; al padre jesuita Regino Mart?nez y otras personalidades e instituciones que defienden a los inmigrantes haitianos, que se pronuncien en contra de la muerte de Gonz?lez.

?Si hubiese sido un dominicano que mataba un haitiano, no hab?a quien aguantara el esc?ndalo que hicieran, pero para ellos los criollos no valen nada, pues piensan que este es el pa?s de los haitianos?, se quej?.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
I think the cases are different. Immigration officials beating to death someone in custody is simply a different case.

Haitians live usually in the poorest barrios and take over some of the poorest jobs

It would be great, for instance, if the Government would not employ them!

If there are jobs for them, they are going to come. Simple as that. If they can bribe the border guards, they are going to come in.

Mar 1, 2009
What about when a citizen of Haitin extraction robs, rapes or murders a Dominican? If its done to a Dominican, it's ok?
This amounts to reverse racism in my opinion. Futhermore this is ridiculous, the demonization and stereotyping of Dominicans as it were, needs to stop.
Dominicans don't like to work.
Dominicans are racist.
Dominicans don't like being black
Dominicans like to eat children
Dominicans don't like katsup

Really, really... Come on now, cease and desist this impeachment of my people. Enough.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I think the cases are different. Immigration officials beating to death someone in custody is simply a different case.

Haitians live usually in the poorest barrios and take over some of the poorest jobs

It would be great, for instance, if the Government would not employ them!

If there are jobs for them, they are going to come. Simple as that. If they can bribe the border guards, they are going to come in.

Wow I can't believe your trying to justify this!!! So to you one death is unwarranted because it was at the hands of Dominican immigration officials, and the other is justifiable because the government supposedly hire illegal Haitian? Truly Unbelievable!!!

You paint Haitians as the can't do no wrong type of people, and that's exactly why they are in the mess they find themselves in. The DR government doesn't have to hire all those degenerates, for them to come here, they will come across the boarder no matter what, thanks to their fukced up Haitian government.

In as far as I could make sense of what you've posted, Haitians CAN decapitate Dominicans because the DR government provides and does for them what their own government can't. Okay understood!!

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
The DR should expel all the illegals, but it will never happen because there is so much corruption in this country that it is quite embarrassing ( from the Vice president to the Turista police officer).

The life of a human being is the most precious thing down earth, Haitian or Dominican. So all killers have to be blamed.

Nevertheless we can't say that all the killing in the DR is done by the Haitian illegals, it would be a big flat lie. You guys know who are the delinquents, even posh Dominicans look protection from them by hiring guards or arming themselves.

Furthermore a government official represent the country he should not use the power conferred to him to kill, rob or beat people...Unfortunately officials in this country use their uniform as a free pass to kill, racket or rob innocent people. basuras que son...

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Wow I can't believe your trying to justify this!!! So to you one death is unwarranted because it was at the hands of Dominican immigration officials, and the other is justifiable because the government supposedly hire illegal Haitian? Truly Unbelievable!!!

You paint Haitians as the can't do no wrong type of people, and that's exactly why they are in the mess they find themselves in. The DR government doesn't have to hire all those degenerates, for them to come here, they will come across the boarder no matter what, thanks to their fukced up Haitian government.

In as far as I could make sense of what you've posted, Haitians CAN decapitate Dominicans because the DR government provides and does for them what their own government can't. Okay understood!!

Not at all what I said. I said the cases were different. One was a case of abuse at the hands of government official. If you do not see the difference between the two cases, I think that is your problem.

The Haitian government is certainly responsible for the state of affairs in Haiti. There is far more corruption in Haiti than there is in the DR.

But Haiti is not going to move. And Haiti is not suddenly going to turn into an honest state.

All I am trying to suggest is that the DR is complicit in allowing so much illegal immigration, in not setting proper immigrant visas, in allowing employers to use illegal immigrants..

Your policies seem to be all over the place.. on the one hand you give them free medical and schooling up to sixth grade.. why?

Why not simply deport them and put your army on the border?

Hardly any of them are legal.

In a couple of years, now that the cedulas are not being renewed, hardly any of them will be legal. So why not just deport them all en masse?

You are a sovereign country.

You have the right to do it.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
The DR should expel all the illegals, but it will never happen because there is so much corruption in this country that it is quite embarrassing ( from the Vice president to the Turista police officer).

The DR is NOT as embarrassing as the entirely corrupt and dysfunctional Haitian government. Fact is, "my friend" if it wasn't for the DR and its so called corrupt government the Haitians would be facing far worse calamity. All those illegal Haitians working on this side provide for family members back in Haiti. If you remove this income it would be famine of biblical proportion.

The life of a human being is worthless, Haitian or Dominican. So all killers have to be blamed.

Nevertheless we can't say that all the killing in the DR is done by the Haitian illegals, it would be a big flat lie. You guys know who are the delinquents, even posh Dominicans look protection from them by hiring guards or arming themselves.

Please provide stats to support your comment!!!!

Mar 1, 2009
We can't just deport Haitians en-masse anymore. The howls and complaints from the international community would paint us... Uhm, well...black for touching the hairs on these little angels heads. The Haitians are almost like the Kosovars of the Caribbean. It's people are supported by international NGO's and organizations. The sympathy and solidarity that they have is mind boggling to me. No one wants to apply the real harsh medecine Haiti truly requires. However band aids and temblors salves are always the remedy. Plus there are Dominicans that have no dignity and honor and take 1,000 pesos. Not realizing the greater harm they cause to themselves.
It's many small things that add up to bigger things which lead us to the current situation. A tougher hand is required. The NGO's and HR organizations really need to stop making the situation worse in all of God's honest truth.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
The Haitian government is certainly responsible for the state of affairs in Haiti. There is far more corruption in Haiti than there is in the DR.

Glad you could recognize this, I just wish other posters on DR1 could also.

All I am trying to suggest is that the DR is complicit in allowing so much illegal immigration, in not setting proper immigrant visas, in allowing employers to use illegal immigrants..

What the heck!! Are you for real, the USA has "proper immigration visas" and still that doesn't stop illegals from entering the US. How on earth do you suppose the DR is going to stop illegals from entering, when developed nations can't?

Your policies seem to be all over the place.. on the one hand you give them free medical and schooling up to sixth grade.. why?

We do it because we are a kind people, nevertheless, if we didn't people such as yourself and the international community would be eating us alive. They'd be calling us racist and xenophobe. Oh wait you and the Haitian proponents already call us that. Damned if we doe, damned if we don't.

Why not simply deport them and put your army on the border?

Hardly any of them are legal.

In a couple of years, now that the cedulas are not being renewed, hardly any of them will be legal. So why not just deport them all en masse?

You are a sovereign country.

You have the right to do it.

You better than any one else know the answer to this. Because if we deport them all, we'd be the villains to the world over, especially to those countries wanting to wash their hands clean of anything Haitian.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
taino, i think you misunderstood the point MA was making. you linked an article from listin diario - a major news source in DR - on a murder of a dominican by haitians. news worthy of appearing in the national newspaper. whereas killing of the haitian man, by no less than government officials, was not worthy of the same. and mind you, the papers print stories on criminals killed by the police on regular basis.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
taino, i think you misunderstood the point MA was making. you linked an article from listin diario - a major news source in DR - on a murder of a dominican by haitians. news worthy of appearing in the national newspaper. whereas killing of the haitian man, by no less than government officials, was not worthy of the same. and mind you, the papers print stories on criminals killed by the police on regular basis.

You are well within your right to think what you want, however, the truth of the matter is, MA was talking about the international community catching a whiff of the story so as to publish it internationally; as they always do. I then answered her post with the news of two illegal Haitians decapitating a Dominican national. I figured that if one news of a Haitian dyeing in the hands of immigration official was international community news worthy, then why not also let the same international community know about the other death.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.