Zip codes in the DR?

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I'm planning on sending a FedEx shipment to Santo Domingo and I'm wondering how to write the address. Do Dominican addresses contain postal codes?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I'm planning on sending a FedEx shipment to Santo Domingo and I'm wondering how to write the address. Do Dominican addresses contain postal codes?

Some will say they dont exist or not used here. Reality is most are available and some mail services insist on them from the sending side.

Use this site to lookup, scroll to bottom of page and search.

C?digo Postal

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I receive FedEx shipments about every other day without zip code.

My address doesn't even have a street number, but both FedEx and DHL find it. It's important to mention the sector though while street names are used repetitively all through the city.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
When I am required to give a zip code, I've been write 00000

I tried to find Sosua on the chart but could only get the Province of Puerto Plata, 57000, so guess the zip is the same throughout the province.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Your telephone # is important if the driver doesn't know your address from prior deliveries.
I live near the "FedEx" office in SD, so I pick up.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
When I am required to give a zip code, I've been write 00000

I tried to find Sosua on the chart but could only get the Province of Puerto Plata, 57000, so guess the zip is the same throughout the province.

Yes for the Province they only have a General Zip Code, not detailed like for Santo Domingo, I guess later will add more specific codes.