Trojan Battery Question

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Is there a big difference between the trojan black and trojan red batteries? besides the thousand difference in price

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
Hum now more confused. which is the best bang for the buck
Trojan Black 6v 205amp 18mo Guarantee 4,825.00
Trojan Red 6v 225amp 24mo Guarantee 5,845.00
Trace T225 6v 225amp 24mo Guarantee 5,520.00
Trace T235 6v 235amp 30mo Guarantee 5,385.00
US made for DR 6v 4,695.00

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The red one has more ampere, meaning it will take longer for it to drain. The trace 235 shouldn't be cheaper than the trace 225

bienamor

Apr 23, 2004
So that would make the t235 the best by, as the amps are greater, and the guarantee longer?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Keep in mind that the company Trace no longer exists. Trace was purchased by Xantrex. They make inverters. Never did Trace make batteries. "Nobody knows" who makes Trace batteries. I suspect there is a company in the DR who "borrowed" the name Trace and private labels some batteries for the marketing effect that name still has.

A guarantee in the DR? Do not count on it. They will make up an excuse that the batteries were abused and not honor the guarantee.

Trojan Red batteries are the best batteries of the ones you mentioned for use in the DR.

Last edited:

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
There are only 3 companies in usa that make automotive batteries..anything you buy made in usa will be from them, all sold under private labels. Nobody in Rep Dom makes batteries JFI

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are only 3 companies in usa that make automotive batteries..anything you buy made in usa will be from them, all sold under private labels. Nobody in Rep Dom makes batteries JFI

That is true if you are talking about automotive batteries. We are talking about Deep Cycle batteries and it is not true about that variety of battery.

For example Trojan, US Battery and Crown Battery have deep cycle batteries.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
That is true if you are talking about automotive batteries. We are talking about Deep Cycle batteries and it is not true about that variety of battery.

thanks i sell automotive parts so i tend to think automotive only. but many of the deep cycle batteries are made by the same companies as automotive. Like NAPA batteries Deep Cycle are not NAPA batteries. Since electric cars are more popular and with the gov incentives there are moree companies making batteries for electric cars.
I doubt their are very many companies making there own deep cycle as well. you may see many brands but i bet they are still made by same company.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Nobody in Rep Dom makes batteries JFI

Not entirely correct. "Industrias Meteoro" makes batteries here in DR and there's another company who's name does not come to mind at the moment but make "Bateriad Cometas", neither one of these companies or their batteries are forth looking into.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
Not entirely correct. "Industrias Meteoro" makes batteries here in DR and there's another company who's name does not come to mind at the moment but make "Bateriad Cometas", neither one of these companies or their batteries are forth looking into.

I thought they made Lithium Ion batteries only,, i must be wrong.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I have seen lead-acid batteries from both of those companies here in the DR.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I learn something new everyday. i bet that is where all the local brands sold here are made then.

Yes and the Locals buy these batteries because they are way cheaper than the imports, however, these batteries are only good for about six months time.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
I am trying to get some decent discounts on NAPA batteries sold here,, I know the sales manager for NAPA that sell them here but so far not much.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am trying to get some decent discounts on NAPA batteries sold here,, I know the sales manager for NAPA that sell them here but so far not much.

I found this posted on a forum about NAPA:

East Penn (Deka Division) makes Napa's deep cycle batteries. Their construction is good, but far from the best, by today's standards.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
Does Interstate make the NAPA batteries?

NO, INTERSTATE DO NOT MAKE THEIRS EITHER. I FORGET WHICH ONE MAKES THEM. BUT I CAN FIND OUT EASILY NAPAS ARE MADE BY A COMPANY YOU PROBABLY NEVER HEARD OF, ITS A WEIRD NAME,

jOHNSON CONTROLS IS THE LARGEST IN USA FROM MEMEORY. I FORGET THE OTHER TWO BUT WILL CHECK ON MONDAY.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
I found this posted on a forum about NAPA:

East Penn (Deka Division) makes Napa's deep cycle batteries. Their construction is good, but far from the best, by today's standards.

YEAH THATS IT. JOHNSON MAKES THE INTERSTATE .

ITS ALL ABOUT GETTING THOSE ATOMS ****ED OFF AT EACH OTHER. THE MORE ****ED OFF THE BETTER THEY WORK BUT IF NOT USED THEY GET HOT AND BLOW.:mad:

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I bought 2 Meteoro 12 volt for my Landcruiser. After 7 month one of them give up. They gave me a brand-new without discussion