Covered Vehicle Storage Santiago or Santo Domingo

cleverlemming

Jul 14, 2012
I have my 95 Honda Accord up for sale (in the D.R. classifieds). So far, I have a lot of interest in it from locals here in Las Terrenas who have many interesting schemes but no actual money. If I don't get the price I want before I have to leave, it would make sense for me to store the car until I come back in four months. I have friends who will let me park it at their houses but I'd be much more comfortable leaving the car in a city I can fly into. So, I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for trustworthy secure covered vehicle storage in Santiago or Santo Domingo. Thanks in advance.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
do you have a regular gas station , car wash?
antbody drive you to the airport and pick up.?

I know I would leave mine w/ my driver while away... then he picks me up.
Thats how we do it now, except the car is in my garage, not his...

Storage units??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let me ask around tomorrow. There might be a couple of places here in Santiago. That is a good idea.

HB

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
kbb values your car at 1850. let me know if you will accept that amount and deliver to the capital. my daughter could use for school. by the way, how many miles since it is 18 years old?

Check DR1 classified ads.

cleverlemming

Jul 14, 2012
kbb values your car at 1850. let me know if you will accept that amount and deliver to the capital. my daughter could use for school. by the way, how many miles since it is 18 years old?

That's a dealer trade-in price and you're valuing it in the United States. This is an island. Cars come here on ships. People pay duty on them. Scarcity exaggerates demand. There are the same issues with maintenance and title history that you would find if you were shopping for a car in East Saint Louis.

Having said all of that, happy to deliver to Santo Domingo, but not for 55% of my asking price.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Come on, $3500 for an 18 year old Honda, that is a 100% premium, are you serious?

cleverlemming

Jul 14, 2012
Why leave the lug nut? :)

I thought of saying oil stain but my car doesn't leak oil. :)

A storage business in S.D. that turned off cameras and left units open at night could make a lot more money here than one that didn't. There would be little recourse for the property owner. Not that my country is significantly better--there are wide swaths of American cities, like Oakland, where police are never dispatched for property crimes. What a world.

cleverlemming

Jul 14, 2012
Come on, $3500 for an 18 year old Honda, that is a 100% premium, are you serious?
Do you understand that difference between the two types of KBB prices? He chose the lowest possible dealer trade-in value, which he then represented in a public forum as the actual car value. The real value of the car in the US for is around $2600, and probably more than 3k where I'm from. Thanks for helping to keep the FUD alive, bro.