Notarized Letter of Guarantee (Residencia) - Anybody have a sample document?

newschatter

May 31, 2013
Hello Everybody!

I have a question about the Notarized Letter of Guarantee. From the embassy website, I see the purpose of this letter, but they don't mention everything that should be stated in the letter.

Notarized Letter of Guarantee. Signed by a Dominican or a legal resident alien in the Dominican Republic specifying the type of relationship with the beneficiary of the visa. Also, the guarantor certifies to the Dominican authorities to undertake any expenses incurred on account of the visa beneficiary. The guarantor remains financially committed in the event that deportation is required if the recipient should violate the Dominican law. This letter of guarantee must be signed by a notary of the Dominican Republic and legalized by the Attorney General's Office of the Dominican Republic. (This is from the Embassy website)

Initially I was going to just have one of the Dominican citizens I know to write a general letter that says "I know (name) and she is my long time friend. I certify that I will undertake any expenses incurred on account of (name). I agree and understand that I will be financially-committed in the event that deportation is required, such as if the recipient of this residencia violates the law." But when I was speaking to a law firm yesterday, the man told me the letter should come from a Dominican citizen who has at least 3,000 USD (equivalent) in a bank account, owns real estate or owns a car in RD.

Interestingly, the requirement section says nothing about proving assets or even mentioning assets in the letter. So, I'm just confused.

Does anyone have a copy of the Letter of Guarantee Letter you used that I can take a look at and model my letter after? Of course a letter that resulted in a residencia approval would be the best. And, of course, I understand that you would have to delete names / etc., but I really look forward to completing this last document.

Thanks everybody!

Suzanne

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
There is a particular format immigration wants followed. I had an attorney as my guarantor and he wrote a letter in paragraph form, wasn't acceptable.

The form wasn't on their website and obviously my attorney didn't know the format.

I'm sure there are some attorneys (or I would hope) that have the proper form.

I also suggest that whoever the witnesses to the form are; that you have copies of their cedulas as well.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I don't have it on hand right now but I recall one of the requirement is your guarantor show proof of solvency, ex. car or property title, bank deposit, etc.

As to a sample letter, a notary should have the format.

newschatter

May 31, 2013
Guarantor letter

I don't have it on hand right now but I recall one of the requirement is your guarantor show proof of solvency, ex. car or property title, bank deposit, etc.

As to a sample letter, a notary should have the format.

Oh wow! I wonder if the requirements are the same for the VISA as for the Residence Permit, because when I talk to the consulate (in New Orleans, NYC, and Washington DC), nobody ever mentioned anything about format. And, I'm thinking if formatting was a problem / big concern, then they would have mentioned how it should be presented. Otherwise, as it's presently mentioned on their websites, everybody's letter would be rejected the first go around and then their guarantors would have provided with instructions for how to put this together the second time around.

Maybe the letter is for the consulate himself and then when we get to RD, then we have to present a letter that complies with what the immigration division wants to see. This seems logical, I suppose.

Of course, if anybody can dig up an old copy of a letter, then I'd love to use the template / formatting from it. I'm a writer, so I wouldn't just copy and paste!

snarducci

Jun 10, 2013
Any luck finding out the answer to this Suzanne? I too am trying to get a Notarized Letter of Guarantee.

rum-n-lime

Aug 8, 2013
Your guarantor will also need to give your a letter from the bank where they keep their $$ stating the size of their account(s). If I remember right it must be above $50,000 pesos. This letter has a 6 months life span, they may refuse to accept it if it nears the end of that term. Instead of this letter your guarantor may show a title for a (recent model) car or a titles to a piece of RE that they own. One of the 3 is sufficient.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I went through Guzman and I didn't have to worry about any of that stuff, they covered everything, amd i mean everything. Expensive but very very easy and stress free.

rum-n-lime

Aug 8, 2013
newschatter, I have a letter sample that you are looking for. It worked for me - got my residency already. But when I QUOTED that letter here our watchful Supermoderator Hlywud yanked it down on the grounds that "these Forums are English Forums". I guess makes sense, imagine if it was a scientific historical forum discussing ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics - we'd need to translate them to English first...
newschatter, or anyone else - if you guys still need it - send me a PM.

rum-n-lime

Aug 8, 2013
Dear Hlywud, I cannot understand where you get an idea that I tried to "P..." you off. On the contrary - I tried to help other members and - when was disallowed - in a polite manner pointed out that value of that document would be lost after translation. I also don't understand how I deserved a warning of "infractions". If memory serves me right - in a PM to you I said please explain my mistake and I'll make sure not to repeat it. LEARNing is exactly what I am trying to do and referring me to the forum's rules page would be infinitely more productive than public bulling.
With respect, Sir,
Truly Yours.

StarChild

Sep 20, 2018
Letter request

I'm unable to send you a private message. Are you able to send me the letter please? Thanks.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
This is a five year old thread. Not sure that person is still around and I think you need at least 10 posts before u can PM