Winner Of Playero Raffle

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]With Christmas and Mother's Day the management of supermarket Playero in Sos?a always organizes a raffle with very nice prices for their customers. With every purchase of 500 pesos of products each customer receives a ticket. After completing the ticket with name and address you have to drop your ticket in a big barrel. In the beginning of the new year and with Mother's Day the winning tickets are withdrawn from the barrel. Now with the Mother's Day raffle, Rom?n Senin, of Russian origin, but naturalized Dominican, won the first prize. It is a beautiful red Hyundai I-10. In addition, there were other prizes drawn worth fifty thousand pesos each. The raffle was broadcast by 'OLA TV' in the presence of general manager, Junior Henr?quez, of the TV channel.[/h]

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5] Now with the Mother's Day raffle, Rom?n Senin, of Russian origin, but naturalized Dominican, won the first prize. It is a beautiful red Hyundai I-10. [/h]

Wow, I can't believe a 'foreigner' won the car! Incredible! Now there's a first!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5] Now with the Mother's Day raffle, Rom?n Senin, of Russian origin, but naturalized Dominican, won the first prize. It is a beautiful red Hyundai I-10. [/h]

Wow, I can't believe a 'foreigner' won the car! Incredible! Now there's a first!
Not the first time. If memory serves me, among others, the former owners of Super-Super won a jeepeta. I'm sure Ken can remember others.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not the first time. If memory serves me, among others, the former owners of Super-Super won a jeepeta. I'm sure Ken can remember others.

Yes, I can remember others, but not their names. Everybody has the same chance. The drawings are on the level. Odds are not good for anyone, but equal for Dominican and foreign.

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
Yes, I can remember others, but not their names. Everybody has the same chance. The drawings are on the level. Odds are not good for anyone, but equal for Dominican and foreign.

The odds might be even now, now that they have changed the system so that your raffle tickets are generated by the cash register so you actually get the number of tickets you deserve, but in the past Dominicans were routinely handed BOOKS of raffle tickets for spending next to nothing, whereas Gringos just got one per RD$500 spent, I have watched this system with awe and disgust at the sheer audacity of it over the past 8 years!!! I like to think that my previous comments on this has at last led the management to change the system for the better, and hey presto, what happens?? First time out a Gringo wins the car. Not Rocket Science really, anyone who goes in there regularly would appreciate that in a fairly run raffle, Gringoes, who spend 90% of the money going into the tills, would win 90% of the prizes. Was this the case in the past???? I THINK NOT!!!!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The odds might be even now, now that they have changed the system so that your raffle tickets are generated by the cash register so you actually get the number of tickets you deserve, but in the past Dominicans were routinely handed BOOKS of raffle tickets for spending next to nothing, whereas Gringos just got one per RD$500 spent, I have watched this system with awe and disgust at the sheer audacity of it over the past 8 years!!! I like to think that my previous comments on this has at last led the management to change the system for the better, and hey presto, what happens?? First time out a Gringo wins the car. Not Rocket Science really, anyone who goes in there regularly would appreciate that in a fairly run raffle, Gringoes, who spend 90% of the money going into the tills, would win 90% of the prizes. Was this the case in the past???? I THINK NOT!!!!

I have always suspected that the winner of these types of raffles is usually the highest 'private' bidder, or a relative of the owners.

ab2000

Nov 7, 2010
What has recently happened to this guy? People of CB tell different stories. Anything confirmed?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I have always suspected that the winner of these types of raffles is usually the highest 'private' bidder, or a relative of the owners.

I know a guy who won an Audi in a La Sirena contest a few years ago - definitely not from a private bidder category, nor related to the owners in any way. Not even a regular shopper in La Sirena but just got lucky.