Apple TV in Bavaro

1greasy

Jun 21, 2012
Anybody has any experience with Apple TV in Bavaro?
I was given one in the US, but I wonder if it is worth for me to take to Bavaro, since I don't know if they work outside the US.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
If its the apple 2 it can be cracked and you can install xbmc, that would be excellent. If its the apple 3 then you can get nexflix and other pay apple services. Either way most likely you have to get a usa proxy, you need to search that or someone will chime in. They only have hdmi output and wireless.

If its the apple 2 it is valuable!

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
If its the apple 2 it can be cracked and you can install xbmc, that would be excellent. If its the apple 3 then you can get nexflix and other pay apple services. Either way most likely you have to get a usa proxy, you need to search that or someone will chime in. They only have hdmi output and wireless.

If its the apple 2 it is valuable!

I have my ATV3 here with me here in SD, and yes you will need a VPN to get the full Nexflix. Funny wanted to watch La Soga but couldn't find when just looking on nexflix without a VPN, turn on the VPN and there it was? A Dominican movie that I could not watch in DR?

Yes the ATV2 is worth it if you can get one a decent price, they are going for $200.00 plus. My work around is to use my Ipad and mirror to my ATV3

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
I have Apple TV 2 here in Santiago. Mine is hacked and I use xbmc to watch all the new and old movies. I don't use a proxy with mine. You doe need at least 5Mbp for it to work fine.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I have Apple TV 2 here in Santiago. Mine is hacked and I use xbmc to watch all the new and old movies. I don't use a proxy with mine. You doe need at least 5Mbp for it to work fine.

How stable do you find xbmc? Does it always work? Do you subscribe to any services within xbmc for faster prioritized downloads?

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
How stable do you find xbmc? Does it always work? Do you subscribe to any services within xbmc for faster prioritized downloads?

On a scale from 1 to 10, I say about an 8. Some times I could watch a movie without one single flaw throughout the whole movie, and then there are days that it freezes on me and I have to wait some where between 2 to 5 minutes for the movie to continue playing. A lot has to do with whether the movie is viewed on HD, 720 or rip DVD.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
One more thing once you pick the movie you want to watch, and you've chosen the viewing format, you then have to chose from many options of servers. The most reliable servers are "videohog", "billion movie upload" and "movie real". There is one more very reliable server, but the name does not come to mind at the moment, the name starts with a "B". There are many other servers but less reliable than the one I mentioned.

Jan 17, 2009
I use a smart dns service instead of VPN because it is cheaper and I get to choose to connect to the US, UK or another country whenever I want. Works like a charm. You'll need a subscription to Netflix and/or Hulu Plus, or your can easily airplay any movies you have in your Mac or iPad.

I'm not 100% certain you need a VPN or DNA for Netflix because Netflix is available in the DR. Surely, you won't get the same content than in the US or UK but it'll save you some money.

Anybody has any experience with Apple TV in Bavaro?
I was given one in the US, but I wonder if it is worth for me to take to Bavaro, since I don't know if they work outside the US.

1greasy

Jun 21, 2012
Thank you guys, that was some valuable info right there! Now I know I can use it without any problems!

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I have the Apple TV2 (I'm in Bavaro). I use Unblock-US so I can have access to US-only content. For a total of US$21 per month (Unblock-US = CAD$4.99, Hulu Plus = US$7.99, Netflix US$7.99) I think it's well worth it. I had no trouble viewing HD content with a 2 Mbps connection.

Note: You will need a US iTunes account to subscribe to Netflix/Hulu Plus.