Page 1 of 137 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Two Canadians being held in Jail in Higuey charged with assault? Wedding Party.

From wedding bells to Dominican jail nightmare

This is an odd story, and I couldn't quite follow what's really happened here.. But it appears the assault altercations took place right at the resort.

2. Likes italchica liked this post
    Dislikes italchica disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL... mysterious assailant runs away and just disappears... and nobody knows who or where he is. Yea... right. LOL I'd be interested in hearing the story from the guy who got beat up.

4. Dislikes McCusker-Smith Norma disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess its better never to call the police in these kind of situations.

6. Likes McCusker-Smith Norma liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds familiar... Punta Cana, Canadians, hotel, brawl... not the first story of that kind.

8. Likes CaptnGlenn, loveydovey, drloca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, i know someone that had something like that to them.He was a good friend of mine They were just there when a fight broke out. He only lost his job because of it however in the end. He was indentified by a witness. He was just sitting there minding his own business when the attack on someone happened and he was identified as one of the attackers. He said he was just trying to get up off the floor.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    Sounds familiar... Punta Cana, Canadians, hotel, brawl... not the first story of that kind.
    Add to that Russians or people with Russian origins and resorts.. This happens a lot in the resorts in Turkey as well

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What do I care about Turkey? We are talking about Punta Cana. This is the East Coast Forum. Not the Middle East forum...

I didn't speak against Canadians, but if you would be a little longer here you would know that there were similar incidents before involving people from Canada.

12. Likes Criss Colon, bluemoonnyc, MikeFisher liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominicans rarely if ever are involved in fights in bars, etc. It is almost always foreigners. And when the Police come they can't wait to lock up any Gringo around the area.

Best advice is get out fast if something happens. Staying around can only mean trouble.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Typical screwed up **** from DR Police. These are the things that actually keep this country in the dark ages, and always will.

It saddens me as these stories about this lawless country destroys tourism which we all know hurts the country. We have heard many times that NA travel agents say when in the DR stay in your AI in punta cana as everywhere else is poluted with crime, prostitution, drugs etc.... We know this is an exageration but it still hurts. Now your not safe in your PC Resort either.

15. Likes McCusker-Smith Norma liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this the same area where the Cdn was beaten up for protecting a chica at the bar..... two men waited outside for him and ambushed him/?

Page 1 of 137 1231151101 ... LastLast