expired March, 4, 2013.

My question, the next time we leave the country do we pay the
exit tax based on our last arrival date(passport) or the date our
RESIDENCIA expired? thanks Phil

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It's the same for either date!
3-9 months is RD1000 Pesos, but play dumb that you are a resident as suggested, and have Pesos on hand JIC.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I returned home on June 3rd after being in country for 32 days and I was charged 800 pesos. I thought my original visa was good for 60 days?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I would suggest filling out the white form (the one for residents) and if he/she asks for your resident card, hand it and hope that they don't notice that it's expired. if they do, act surprised and tell them that you will renew as soon as you come back. you have nothing to lose
That happened to me a couple of years ago - I had no idea that my residencia had expired. I was convinced it had another year to go. When leaving the country, the immigration official noticed it and said 'be sure to renew when you get back.' When I returned to the DR the official who checked it didn't even notice that it had expired.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
We had our 1,000 pesos in hand along with our residence card as we left emigration in POP. Three people looked at it and decided we owned 1,000 pesos each. They kept our cards and provided us a copy. Can't blame a guy for trying.

Sep 4, 2012
I would suggest filling out the white form (the one for residents) and if he/she asks for your resident card, hand it and hope that they don't notice that it's expired. if they do, act surprised and tell them that you will renew as soon as you come back. you have nothing to lose

Clever and only in the DR would someone dare to do so.

TP666

Sep 6, 2005
One of the reasons I love DR. 1K pesos for up to a 9 month overstay is nada. Try pulling a stunt like that anywhere else in the Caribbean and see what happens. You'll be lucky not to see the inside of Her Majesty's Prison and for sure you'll never be allowed back again.

I over stayed a year in Jamaica. Of course they said that I would have to go to jail. "fine I love it here" Ok than you have to pay a fine! Sorry have no money. Rass go than. Byeee