Topping up a DR cell from Canada ?

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I've got my cell in DR and wonder if I can top it up from Canada. It's with Viva, I've googled this and found different sites that I can supposedly do this from but don't know which ones are recommended/legit.

Anyone know ?

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Tell you what Barbie. Give me the number in a PM and I'll stop in at Viva and buy you 100 pesos of m inutes, and then sometime after September when I am back here and you are also we can get together and you can pay me back. OK?

hmmm... are you trying to get me in bed :devious: might be working... :bunny: lol

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I know you can top off for Viva; but is that enough to protect your number if you are out of the country more than 4 months? Anyone know? I asked Viva in Tropical in Puerto Plata and they didn't know the answer!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks, read all that; I believe each cellular has a different amount of months for inactive use - I don't care about the minutes - I don't want to lose my number. Some say 3, some say 6 months, and some get away with more b/c the number hasn't been reassigned as yet.

What I do now is leave it with a friend, with phone cards (that they don't lose) and ask them to use the phone every 2 months to protect the number, and it's been years and I have had no problems.

However, if it were true that the number is protected for 6 months, I'd take the phone with me when I travel, top off on the site and have it with me on my return.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was being sarcastic...

After I top up how long is it good for ? 3 months ? 6 months ?

Good until it expires.... actually, it never expires forever, just goes inactive.
Another top up after the expiry, will revive those minutes.....

See the "number thread" for keeping a number --- many, many opinions

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Recarga Viva | Viva

PUNTOS DE RECARGA

Desde Internet:
Con tu tarjeta de cr?dito en cualquiera de los enlaces:
ezetop.com, recargadirecta.com , etopuponline.com, calldirek.com

En d?lares $Validez de la recarga
$521 dias
$10$25 60 d?as
$30 - $15075 d?as

<tbody>
</tbody>

Desde los Estados Unidos y Canad?:
? TelCel
? La Nacional
? Western Union
? Blackstone Touch-n-Buy en tiendas y mercados en todas partes de los EEUURecarga directa en las Tiendas 7-Eleven
? Puntos afiliado a Recargadirecta
? Puntos afiliados a Ezetop
? Puntos afiliados a Etopuponline
? Agentes CallDirek
? DHA & Associates
? Fixed & Mobile Pte Ltd
? Iris Wireless
? LD Telecommuncations, Inc
? Prajanya, LLC
? Telecom Worldwide Solutions, Inc.
? Agentes MyPinDial
? Agentes iSend
? Agentes MoreMagic Solutions Inc

<tbody>
</tbody>

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I use babblebug.com to top off our phones.
6 months seems to be the magic number for me to keep the
number.