bank codes

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I have been trying to get this direct deposit done,but AF finance needs Banco Popular 3 digit bank code and 5 digit branch code.
Anyone out there have a good contact at Banco Popular????

bob

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
BANCO POPULAR DOMINICANO, C. POR A. Swift Code Search
Main swift code for BANCO POPULAR DOMINICANO, C. POR A. is BPDODOSX

As far as I know there are no branch codes. This is what I use for all my transfers from UK

Matilda

drewboy

May 30, 2011
I transfer money all the time. Like Matilda said, for the bank you are sending the money too you need: Correct swift code, bank address, account number, name of the person the account is in and their address too.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
OP wants bank info for the direct deposit, kind of like a cheque but faster. Wire transfers, with swift codes, are a bit different and more expensive. Give a voided cheque to your finance folks, they'll make sense out of it as all necessary data is there at the bottom (if DR is set up for this type of payments - I am not sure).

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Make the Swift Code for Banco Popular BPDODOSXXXX
Add XXX meaning head/home office or International Department

If you just say
BPDODOSX they will assume BPDODOSXXXX but why make the system assume?

ASS U ME. (Military)

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
BANCO POPULAR DOMINICANO, C. POR A. Swift Code Search
Main swift code for BANCO POPULAR DOMINICANO, C. POR A. is BPDODOSX

As far as I know there are no branch codes. This is what I use for all my transfers from UK

Matilda

Unfortunately I am not transfering money from bank in US to here.The US government is Direct depositing my retirement check to bank in Dr.,which is something new as they are not sending checks anymore to save money.The problem is i cannot get the required info they want,attached is their response to me.

e:

According to our records your SF 1199-I (International Direct Deposit Enrollment) was received on June 3rd and was going to be processed on June 4th but it is incomplete. The form is being returned to you with a letter stating that the 3 digit bank code and the 5 digit branch code is needed to complete the processing.

Thank you for your service.

bob

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Do you have any cheques or other encoded material from your bank branch...............That is where you will find the required codes....on the cheque.
VJS gave you the correct info.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Is this a military pension or Social Security? If it is SS, you can get help from the Consulate. I know because my landlord, who is a naturalized US citizen, needed help in setting up direct deposit to his US Dollar account at Popular. He had to go to the Consulate to get the info.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Is this a military pension or Social Security? If it is SS, you can get help from the Consulate. I know because my landlord, who is a naturalized US citizen, needed help in setting up direct deposit to his US Dollar account at Popular. He had to go to the Consulate to get the info.

this is my military pension.I have had my SS check direct deposited to Banco Popular since 2007,and Yes,it was done through the Consulate,SS office.They do all paperwork for you.But,recently,the US government has changed the law,so no more checks being sent,only direct deposit,for all government retirement pays.The consulate at this time has no information on this.So,the military retirement pay system has been trying to change their system because many,many military retireees live outside US and up to now,they have not deposited monies outside US banks.So,here is what I have found.The info for Banco Popular is this,Bank number---0700,bank branch---07002,this is bank on Kennedy and esq Maximo Gomez.--IBAN number-DO740700000000000072xxxxxxxxx ,the xxxs are your account number,they will deposit either in dollars or pesos.The form is 1199-1,and can be found on Mypay .gov if you are a military retiree.
Sure beats all the other hassels of checks,finding a money changer,etc,etc etc.......
Just go to bank every month and either get your dollars or get your pesos...
I also pay all my local bills through Banco Popular web site,so all my business is done from home.This includes,Claro,water,garbage,mortgage,Tricom......
And,Banco Popular has a Visa debit card that I purchase all my stateside stuff from Amazon on.
bob