dave6

Aug 31, 2010
A exorcism at a Haitian Vodou ritual.
[video=youtube_share;_UkvdIj3JbQ]http://youtu.be/_UkvdIj3JbQ[/video]

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You should change your "Name", to, "Dave 666"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
R U sure that's Haiti?????
Looks like "Capotillo" to me.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Looks like your typical drunken scrum outside any colmado on a Sunday evening,......... or outside any 7-11 store in Miami or Wash. D.C

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Mar 1, 2009
All that voodoo stuff you should stay away from, the spirits act based on whims. Once you invite them in, they become attuned to you. Play with fire you will get burned, messing around with spiritual beings not good either who can mess with your soul, bad idea. Native American shamans had/have a ritual where they take two large rocks in each hand, if smashed together it meant that they had smashed your soul, your essence was gone, you wither away and die. The Bible also mentions, "fear not he who can destroy the body, but fear he who can destroy your soul".

Aug 21, 2007
I lived in Africa 6 years. Was ordained as an African queen in a traditional tribal ceremony much like what you saw in MountainAnnie's video clip. There were sacrifices poured into the ground, drumming, and dancing while I was carried around over the heads of the villagers.

And yet, the Ghanaians, while holding on to these practices, are as Christian as any of us. This is a part of their heritage, their culture. We cannot deny them this, as we cannot deny the Haitians of their cultural rituals. When this is lost, as much of the rich cultural practices around the world are, our globe will become a bit more ordinary, more sanitized, more uniform. Is that what we want?

Lindsey

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
thanks Lindsay for that enlightened post. Of course, they may or may not be Christians but it pays them to say so. But your attitude is so much better than so many of the Christian missionaries who go over to Haiti now with the "vodou is Satanic" stuff.

I studying anthropology in college and found out that there are two constants in every culture that has been discovered, religion and the incest taboo. We had a text with certain essasies and the explaination that made most sense to me was by a Catholic priest explaining that there is always religion because there is a god.

The prof would not accept that.. it was the City U of NY, after all. I have always found comparative religion fascinating.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
All that voodoo stuff you should stay away from, the spirits act based on whims. Once you invite them in, they become attuned to you. Play with fire you will get burned, messing around with spiritual beings not good either who can mess with your soul, bad idea. Native American shamans had/have a ritual where they take two large rocks in each hand, if smashed together it meant that they had smashed your soul, your essence was gone, you wither away and die. The Bible also mentions, "fear not he who can destroy the body, but fear he who can destroy your soul".

The bible says: fear Him who can destroy both body in soul in hell. In other words: God.

dave6

Aug 31, 2010
You should change your "Name", to, "Dave 666"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
R U sure that's Haiti?????
Looks like "Capotillo" to me.

I am sure where i was when i filmed it. its the village of Bord de mer

dave6

Aug 31, 2010

only god has that ability

Aug 6, 2006
I have attended some Cuban santeria things here in Miami. They were not impressive, far less so than I expected. The best description I could give was "infantile". One or two women who were not notably bright rolling their eyes back and mumbling and screeching and doing a rather poor job of dancing...more like shuffling around aimlessly.

Perhaps all the macumba, santeria, mambo stuff is not the same, but I was disappointed and found it silly and boring. Even more silly and boring than anything in any Christian church, including holy rollers.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dave, I Know!
I was just pointing out the similarities between "Haiti", and "Capotillo" barrio here in "SD".
As "Pauleast" did between Miami,"DC" ,and your fine Haitian video.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dave6

Aug 31, 2010
Dave, I Know!
I was just pointing out the similarities between "Haiti", and "Capotillo" barrio here in "SD".
As "Pauleast" did between Miami,"DC" ,and your fine Haitian video.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I have never been to Capotillo so I wouldnt know but it would make sense this village where i shot is near the DR border.