Timing to pick up my second permenent residency card

B J

Feb 20, 2013
Hi
FYI i have already received a temporary card, then 2 years ago i obtained the first permanent residency card. Now i am seeking to begin the process for the second permanent visa card in September 2013.
I understand that this is a 13 day process to firstly take your medicals ...then pick up your card

if i can begin my medicals during the one 1 week i will visit in September

Questions;
Is there a priority service, so i may complete my medical and pick up the card inside 1 week?
or
If i come down for 1 week and complete my medicals, can i return 2 months later to pick up my card. Can such an arrangement be made, or must i be here in the DR to complete the process in 1 set of 13 days??

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Hi
FYI i have already received a temporary card, then 2 years ago i obtained the first permanent residency card. Now i am seeking to begin the process for the second permanent visa card in September 2013.
I understand that this is a 13 day process to firstly take your medicals ...then pick up your card

if i can begin my medicals during the one 1 week i will visit in September

Questions;
Is there a priority service, so i may complete my medical and pick up the card inside 1 week?
or
If i come down for 1 week and complete my medicals, can i return 2 months later to pick up my card. Can such an arrangement be made, or must i be here in the DR to complete the process in 1 set of 13 days??

You can return to get your permanent residency permit renewed up to 1 year after the medical exam.

There is no expedited process for getting the medical exam results.

You do not need to stay in the Dominican Republic during the waiting time. Only 2 trips to Santo Domingo are necessary.