Dogs - Importing/Breeding

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am looking at a litter of good German Shepherds here in Canada.

These do not slope at the rear, straight backs like the older German lines.

I have seen the litter, the parents and the 16-17 dogs in the pack on site.
All very calm and well behaved.

I am considering the last male - there are 3-4 females left - 6 weeks old today.

Generally, I prefer to buy dogs in No America - although I have an especially good dog from Sosua but that female is no longer producing.

If anybody is interested, I will do some legwork here to get a female. $800 if reg'd and 'chipped' - $550 if not.

I have seen in RD , a Shepherd/Rottweiler cross that I thought was good idea.
Does anybody have a pure female Rottweiler that would be interested in this?
The research I have done indicates good results - two very loyal breeds .

BTW, I saw a Boxer/St Bernard cross this week..... astounding!

Any way, I'm looking for a female match when the time comes.

Any takers ??

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Once again today, the old saw about "Carrying Coals To Newcastle" comes to my mind!
Bill, my "Rottie/Something, bitch gave birth to 8 little "Wigglers" yesterday.
Their "MOM" has been a wonderful playmate for my kids, and a great "Watci" at night!
The only "PAPERS" she has are the "Diario Libre's" she sometimes likes to read/eat, before we have a chance.
You can save your money, I'll give you the "PICK" of the litter.
No prestige in a Dominican "Vira Lata", just a nice BIG Dominican Dog!
To any others who want a nice big black & tan dog, give "Mommy" 8 weeks and "Come & Git 'Em"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
We brought in a slew of Great Danes over the years, mostly from Europe because they have thicker chests. (Un)fortunately one of our largest Danes breed with a pure bred German Shepard we have when we weren't looking (typical Dominican activity). Anyhow...one baby girl was born. She is 3 weeks old, weighs about 9 pounds, 22" long and 7" high. This is going to be one big ass bitch!

All that said, I tend to agree with CC that importing pure bred when so many mutts are running the streets is akin to flying in hookers (bringing sand to the beach). With my wife I have little say in the matter, tho. <sigh>

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"CAS", shame on you!
NEVER turn down more "Hookers" no matter how they get here!
By the way, "Nice Disclaimer at the end"!!!!!
Hope it works!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I have a pure Dobberman male if anyone has bitch they want to cross with?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I respectfully disagree.... I want to know at least 50% of the equation.... no Mad Cow for me.

The RD boxers have too much of an under bite... under bites are normal and requ'd for boxers... too much in the DR

Like women, if you can't look at 'em, its hard to like 'em....

I feel the same way about my dogs......

Introducing new lines /blood is good..... RD ain't that big..... the Ozark syndrome will appear sooner / later

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
My sister lived on the North Coast for a while and bred AKC Registered German Shepherds for a while. There are about 10 placed with various families. At least five of them are pure white. She lost the large male stud in a traffic accident and she's since returned to the states. But the "babies" (who are now more than a year old) are in Cofresi and Munuz. If anyone is interested in breeding with these dogs, contact me and I'll see if their current owners are interested. You can see my sister's dogs (now in Mississippi) at granniesgrandpuppies.com. No sales pitch here. Just info!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Interesting, the stud for this litter is white too.... no white pups this time.
The breeder says it is rare to get white.

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
I know a lady in usa, she has been on tv many times on the large dog show, she sells her Dobermans from 6,000 to 9,000 each,,, people are loco. She is loco too.

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I respectfully disagree.... I want to know at least 50% of the equation.... no Mad Cow for me.

The RD boxers have too much of an under bite... under bites are normal and requ'd for boxers... too much in the DR

Like women, if you can't look at 'em, its hard to like 'em....

I feel the same way about my dogs......

Introducing new lines /blood is good..... RD ain't that big..... the Ozark syndrome will appear sooner / later

I can totally empathize with your desire to acquire a standardized breed instead of a rescue or dog of undetermined breeding. I have no problems with individuals who want well bred registered dogs or other types of animals.

What I do have a problem with is your desire to breed your own dogs unless you plan on keeping every puppy for yourself. As CC says there are LOTS of dogs so unless you are actually a serious breeder really familiar with your purebred dog's blood line and its strengths and weaknesses and do the research to know the strengths and weaknesses of the purebred dog you want to breed with in the DR why on earth are you creating more dogs, even "purebred" ones and why especially do you want to add more mixed breed puppies? I put the quotes on purebred because there is really no way to be totally sure with backyard breeders how "pure" the puppy actually is; just because a puppy is registered doesn't mean it is actually a purebred. Registries rely on their breeders to be honest when filling in paperwork they don't actually go out and check each litter.

To be honest I think CC should have his bitch spayed as well because every puppy he produces takes a home that could easily be filled by some other dog already born but at least with his puppies you know that mom is good at her job and that the puppies will have been socialized and cared for properly.

Just because a dog still has it balls doesn't mean it is stud quality and just because a bitch has a uterus doesn't mean she needs to have babies.

Last edited:

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Get what you like. You take a chance with a rescue. If you know the temperment of the parents its a bit easier. Buying a dog you know what you are getting. One prob is that dogs get poisoned with painful regularity in the DR.
There is a warm and fuzzy feeling to having a trained watchdog guarding your home.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I understand your sentiments however IMHO you have rose colored glasses on. I have both rescue and purebred , free and expensive. It is our plan to bring our dogs with us this fall, however once the house is built, workers gone I plan to add too
my brood, CC if one is available next yr I'm interested.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Jonny", "There MAY be a warm & fuzzy feeling" to having a "Trained Watchdog", but they will eat poison right along side the "Mutts"!
To those "Experts" who will now tell me that a dog can be trained to ONLY eat from his master's hand, I respond that you can train cows to FLY, I just haven't seen either one yet!
I say a juicy steak, "Trumps" training every time.
This is "Duequesa's" first litter.
I only want to have male dogs here, but the "Ladies" keep finding their way here, by any, and every, means.
I TRY to say "No More" but I get over ruled.
My puppies are always for free, except I charge poor Dominicans, so they won't stop on 27th. of Feb. and sell the pup on their way home!
I plan to only keep a male from this litter, and only because they are "Rocky's" pups.
As I said before, he was poisoned before they were born.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"JAN" I hope to limit any future litters here, but if you post on DR1 when you are ready for a dog, I'll bet you will find one then!
Do you need a "WIFE" Right Now???
I can help with that!

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Cc - no wife needed -I fill those shoes :squareeye will keep my eye out when the time is right.

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
William sent you a PM don't think you received it. If you are still interested in beautiful neutered Alsation, please contact me. Thank you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'd love one of those big dogs...Our Boston Terrier (Duffy) is great, but he does not inspire fear. Yoshi, the Tosa/Rottie mix scared the bejesus out of everyone just looking at them!....

I have to agree with CCCCC....dogs will eat anything and salami with Tres Pasitos = dead dog..

Mrs. HB does not want another dog ---like she takes care of them? Jeez!!!

HB

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If only people knew the work that goes into finding great dogs great homes they would lay off the breeding BS and adding to the mix. Sorry, but it pi$$es me off this vicious circle, sometimes I wonder about ...............
never mind!