Restaurant in Cabarete/Sosua/Puerto Plata

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Castlemonte, Tonto ,
Sosua Ocean Village has a wonderful setting but the food is expensive and poor. Why dont you try the new French Restaurant in Casa Linda, up the El Choco road, or the new Mongolian a bit further up in the new Casa Linda area or Infinity Blu by the Helipad in Sosua.
Definitely not Sosua Ocean Village!

Olly and the Team

Aug 6, 2006
I question that Mongolian food is likely to be all that authentic in Dosua. There is the usual Caribbean yak shortage, and a lack of experienced Mongols to prepare it. And what is tea without fermented yak butter?

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
La Otra Cosa in Cabarete serves good French Cuisine - a little pricey but worth it - right at the beach
Casa de Papi still serves its signature dish - it has become hit and miss though
The Beach club at Sea Horse Ranch serves eclectic food with an Armenian twist - I like the location with the waves crashing against the rocks

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
I agree with Dutchie. I think Otra Cosa is the best fine dining on the North Coast. It is a very romantic setting, right on the beach. Great filet mignon au poivre and a good selection from Bordeaux and Burgandy. It is expensive by any standards. You can then stay right next door at Velero...ask them for a 10% locals discount.
I think the beach club at Sea Horse is equally as great....wonderful setting, great menu, perfect service. I just have never been there for dinner...but would image with the sea and the stars and maybe even a moon rise would be hard to beat! Enjoy!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The best place for a great water front setting is Piergiorgio, just don't eat there though. Waterfront is nice also. I have not been there in a long time so I can't vouch for the food. Maybe someone else can.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
bliss in Cabarete and casa 21 in Sosua are on our listafter the links. Good ambiance but not water front, unless you count the pool, which is nicely lit.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Castlemonte, you know all these places - dont you ? It is interesting that nobody else has suggested the newer places . I guess they haven't been there yet. Bliss has gone down hill, Casa 21 is still about the best but the quality of the newer restaurants is going to give them all a run for your money !!!
try the new French place on El Choco Road .

No more lemons now !!

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Tonto, you do know what your DR1 name means ?

I think you should try soewhere else too. Sosua Ocean village is expensive but poor quality ! And I dont confuse quality with price as many people do ! It cheap so it is good - no!!!
Tamobo - you dont know about the lemons ! And you probably are thinking of Mike I as the lemon guy! Try Pattie at JR she knows about lemos and how to use them.

Castlemonte - try the something new !

Olly and the Team

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Tonto, you do know what your DR1 name means ?

The shoe seams to fit!

Tamobo - you dont know about the lemons ! And you probably are thinking of Mike I as the lemon guy! Try Pattie at JR she knows about lemos and how to use them.

Mike is the original "Lemon Guy".

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
The Waterfront is still very good for their food, as long as you do not go with a very large group.

Casa 21 is still my favorite. Nice setting, great food, great hosts, and certainly worth the money considering the ingredients they use.

BelgianK

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
orchidee next to rockies
cant go wrong

Really?

Have you seen Castellamonte's website?

There is little wrong with Orchidee as a reasonable restaurant but:

1. The location is without view of any kind
2. The food is middle class
3. The interior is middle class

Don't get me wrong; given its consistency and price point it is a very good deal but it is not in the league of 'super experiences' that Castellamonte is looking for..