Mail forwarding services?

Meems

May 1, 2013
I am trying to figure out a way to have essential mail forwarded to me in the DR from the US. Someone told me about P.O. Box International in Miami, that will collect mail or packages, notify you when they arrive, and for a few hundred pesos, deliver it to you in the DR.

Any of you have any experience with P.O. International or have any recommendations for similar services?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Been work P.O. Box Int'l for years and can only say positive things of their service. Plenty of other options though, do a search here and you'll find plenty of comments.

There is Unversal in Sosua, they do the po box thing i think. I know they send out mail anyways.
We us a place in Sosua on the main highway in a pinkish plaza on the left side of the street if going to Cabarete,
if in that area. I forget if it is in the plaza right before the hosp.
It's after the second light from playero, after the texico.....
Encargo is the name.

Last edited:

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I use Aeropost ( http://www.aeropost.com/ ) in Cabrera and while generally I've been happy with their services I've found that the customs duties and other fees tend to wiggle around a bit. For example, I sent 15 shirts down here from the US and ended up paying nearly RD$10,000 in "customs" (standard guayabera shirts, honest). But I've sent down other stuff that I would expect to pay hefty customs on but had low fees.

So I use them because they are basically the only ones in Cabrera. Once they get some competition, I'm not certain I'll stay.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Many of us use "Express Parcel Service",..
EPS" out of Miami.
They charge a little more, but they are very reliable.
They are great for mail, and small, light weight parcels.
It is very costly for larger parcels.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have been using EPS for well over a decade here in more than one City and have never lost anything. Like CC says they cost a bit more, but you can go so sleep with them knowing you will get what is sent.