Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default from wtf is that file

so... no power all day. then in the afternoon we take dogs for a walk and notice the power is back. but strangely no power at home. so we go out to check what's up and there is no meter. someone stole our meter.
    now, i am not versed in dominican theft logic so i am asking: why? why would someone steal a meter? what for?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Could it be why you originally have no power all day?

As for why? They don't need a reason.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

You have to buy meters now if you want electricity. Easier to steal one than pay for one.
    Was it a digital or analog style meter?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Got this from another site.

I had a hillbilly neighbor once who didn't pay his electric bill. When they shut off his power he pulled his meter, did something, replaced his meter and restored his power. The power company shut off his power at the pole. He shimmied up the pole and re-set the breaker. The power company took his meter. He stole mine. I called the power company, they called the sheriff.
    When he got out of jail he apologized and gave me a pig.
    Maybe in a couple weeks you'll get a pig.
    posted by Floydd at 11:44 PM on January 29, 2009 [222 favorites]

5. Likes frank12, mountainannie liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ladronorte guys arrived, put two short wires inside the space where the meter was and we are back on the grid again. of course there is a blackout at the moment so effectively, still no hay luz.

ramesses story line seems to work in DR too. technicians said the physical meters get stolen but they are still "assigned" to the same location so someone could have connected our meter to their house, cranked up the air con and their power use will still register on our meter, as ours.

miesposo reported the issue to edenorte and is off to the police station now.

8. Likes ramesses liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    ladronorte guys arrived, put two short wires inside the space where the meter was and we are back on the grid again. of course there is a blackout at the moment so effectively, still no hay luz.

ramesses story line seems to work in DR too. technicians said the physical meters get stolen but they are still "assigned" to the same location so someone could have connected our meter to their house, cranked up the air con and their power use will still register on our meter, as ours.

miesposo reported the issue to edenorte and is off to the police station now.
    OK that is f*cked! Your place looked pretty safe and protected too! Too bad the gun crazy neighbor wasn't around!
    So I'm assuming you will have to buy the new one?
    The next one you get I hope electrocutes people if they touch it :-)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    OK that is f*cked! Your place looked pretty safe and protected too! Too bad the gun crazy neighbor wasn't around!
    So I'm assuming you will have to buy the new one?
    The next one you get I hope electrocutes people if they touch it :-)
    Why buy a new one - it appears she is connected now (by Edenorte; so she can't be accused of illegal tampering) and has no meter - so no recorded usage...

Given the issues with Edenorte I wouldn't be in a hurry to get a meter

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Time to get "barrio" and run the AC, turn on all the lights and open all the doors.

12. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Time to get "barrio" and run the AC, turn on all the lights and open all the doors.
    Don't forget to charge all items that can be charged and those of your friends and neighbors too! Maybe someone needs to charge his invertor batteries..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast