Thread: Dangerous roads

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dangerous roads

Post Thanks / Like

I bet the afghan roads are still worse

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Yeah", Caribe, but we don't drive THERE!
    You are Dominican Right???
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The blog (to which the OP linked) presumes everyone is in a car. The included videos has people driving about in cars.

She doesn't understand the wonderful phenomenon of driving a motorcycle drunk with no helmet at night down the right side of the road against oncoming traffic with the headlight turned off while texting on a cell phone. I don't even bother trying to dodge the idiots anymore, unless I think the woman on the back of the motorcycle is holding a baby in her arms.

And lately, a new phenomenon seems to be emerging: somewhat overweight women on scooters who think that red lights do not apply to them. I try to avoid them because I'm afraid the impact would damage my truck.
    Last edited by puryear270; 06-08-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CARIBETORNO View Post
    I bet the afghan roads are still worse
    Try the one in the Kyber pass or the one in Ziarat, Baluchistan. My worst driving was in Belize. I couln t drive on the road since there was so much moon holes. The one from Nagua to S.F.Macoris is pain in the *ss at night !

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The joke in Jamaica is that you can tell the drunk drivers because they are the ones driving in a straight line. The sober people are all over the road avoiding potholes.

7. Likes CARIBETORNO, frank recktenwald liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

As I have said many times, driving in the DR can sometimes seem like you have stepped into a video game. It is not just the other drivers that you have to worry about. You have people in the streets, kids and animals. Also people driving with no lights
    and other issues. Is it the most dangerous? I'm still not sure. Driving on RT 95, on the east coast of the US, at 75 mph with 4 lane traffic or NYC is just as challenging. In the DR what scares you is that many people who drive just never learned the proper way. You need eyes in the back of your head.

LTSteve

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am used to driving on the bad roads ,none of it really bothers me.sometimes my son goes through small towns on bad road too fast with people right on the edge. I tell him to slow down.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dangerous roads

Quote Originally Posted by LTSteve View Post
    As I have said many times, driving in the DR can sometimes seem like you have stepped into a video game. It is not just the other drivers that you have to worry about. You have people in the streets, kids and animals. Also people driving with no lights
    and other issues. Is it the most dangerous? I'm still not sure. Driving on RT 95, on the east coast of the US, at 75 mph with 4 lane traffic or NYC is just as challenging. In the DR what scares you is that many people who drive just never learned the proper way. You need eyes in the back of your head.

LTSteve
    Mirrors can be quite helpful.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Youtube has many videos on this and roads much more dangerous as described in the article. Nat Geo or Discovery had a series about American drivers delivering cargo on the most dangerous roads all over the world. Have watched a few episodes and some had me sitting on the edge of my chair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast