englishman dead and german in a hospital: news from POP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
puerto plata digital reports that an englishman was found dead from poisoning in RIU bachata and a german man is in a hospital following a suicide attempt by ingestion of a toxic substance (in costambar).

island, i thought i was clear enough there?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
More than enough, it was a comment about another post wondering if "they would make it out alive," inadvertently turning toward the drunk Canadians in Punta Cana. trying to steer it back to your initial remark

oh, ok, thank you. i thought my syntax failed me somewhat :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe it is better to go back to the subject? :)

yes, i am surprised this did not make it to the mainstream news (dominican papers i scroll through every day). i was really wondering whether the cases are connected. poison does not seem to be a main choice of suicide for men...

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
oh, ok, thank you. i thought my syntax failed me somewhat :)

sin tax!!!??? oh... whewww... SYNtax... I got worried there for a minute... LOL sorry... off topic. anyway... should we start theorizing about the tragedy of the poisoning? I don't want to be the first one. I stuck my neck out enough on that other thread. BUT... I do have my theory.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Indeed, men without access to guns seem (from my viewpoint) to hang themselves, strangely low from tree trunks rather than tree branches:(
Don't ask me why I made a mental note of that, I dunno, probably the same reason I notice murder and fatal accident victims seem to pull their pants down just before death.:confused:

Where would someone get painless deadly poison from anyway, and what would it be? From what I know about dogs being poisoned, this kind of death would certainly not be first choice for suicide. Trying to overdose on cocaine here would not guarantee, and heroine is like hens teeth. So how does a gringo go about preparing for suicide via poison, weird.

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
The suicidal german... from the description, he was staying at Villa Felipe? Correct? Just curious..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Well as long as everyone is speculating, what about bad drugs?

i hear he drank some sort of acid. and yes, givadogahome is kinda spot of about hanging: this is easily done, all you have to do is to tighten something around the neck, you can do it sitting down even, you do not have to literally hang from a tree... drinking any kind of poison is not a peaceful nor fast way out. i surely hope the guy has some sort of help or support now...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Easy Call on the GERMAN!!!
He had both hands tied behind his back when found, and "Lipstick On his "Dipstick" too.
A Haitian boy was caught later trying to cash a check on Deutchebank, with his German passport.
He was caught when he couldn't tell the bank his correct date of birth.
He had colored in the German's foto with a black magic marker!
"Case closed"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
He had both hands tied behind his back when found, and "Lipstick On his "Dipstick" too.
A Haitian boy was caught later trying to cash a check on Deutchebank, with his German passport.

would it be safe to say that they are going to take his name off the short list for the Nobel Prize this year?

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

LO...Bloody...L !:classic:

My first choice would to be to jump off a really high building, almost did but decided that could kill someone else or **** the people who saw me do it for a long time.
The gun i don't trust, I don't want to be brain dead and still alive. Huge overdose, i guess but then really bad hangover if doesn't work...
Hanging creeps me out. I guess the best would be the whole garage car monoxide would be best?
Fire arms the fastest if i am really impatient I guess in the ocean not to make a mess of our house or pool