Seeking advice visiting my DR girlfriend for her birthday

Wise_guy23

Jun 13, 2013
Hey,
I have a girlfriend that lives in santo domingo. I will be visiting my dominican girlfriend mid July 2013. I want to take her to a romantic getaway for her birthday. What city should I take her too and what should we do? She has her own car and Money won't be an issue. it will be on a Friday and Saturday. Would boca Chica be a good place or punta Cana, las terranas? I'm not sure where to take her?

Aug 6, 2006
Rio San Juan is a really nice place, or at least it was several years ago.

I found Las Terranas to be nice as well. Boca Chica has a bad reputation, they say.

You might ask her. It sort of depends on what you enjoy doing most.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
How long have you known her? how many times (days/months) have you actually spent with here face to face?
If its a new relationship where there has only been one or less real life meetings, I suggest the following;

The Cabana 'Si o No" just off the Luperon on the Malecon would be a good start for day one....The next decision should not be made until the next morning!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
If you know her and she is legit (plenty aren't) a couple of hours up the new highway to Las Terrenas could be good. If you just met her online or something, Expat13's advice sounds about right. Boca Chica is where you go to meet chicas, not take them on romantic getaways!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
ask her for a receipt for all that western Union cash, explain you have decided to write off her Chulo as business expense against your Company in North America..

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just indicate where to take her.

He is a big boy. He will figure it out.

Wise_guy23

Jun 13, 2013
We been together for a couple years. We went to college together and lived together. She had to leave the US because her visa expired.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If money is no object, Casa Bonita near Barahona or one of the boutiquey east coast hotels like Tortuga Bay or Zoetry.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
That hotel is BORING! Luxury - yes. Boring- yes! There's nothing to do around there... just eat, drink, sunbath, jump in the pool and see the evening show on the beach.
He wants a romantic getaway with a girl he didn't see in a long time... and they will be together only 2 days.. What would you do? Visit museums and waterfalls? :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would vote for Casa de Campo or Punta Cana. There are some really cool places in Palenque, San Cristobal...and places like Jarabacoa offer things to do (rafting) as well as beauty and tranquility for romance (Hamaca de Dios)...

HB, you are a lucky guy!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Rio San Juan is a really nice place, or at least it was several years ago.

I found Las Terranas to be nice as well. Boca Chica has a bad reputation, they say.

You might ask her. It sort of depends on what you enjoy doing most.

The part of Boca Chica where is the restaurants like Pelicano, just telling one are very nice, some of then has glass floor with lights and you can see the fish, there are arround 3 or 4 nice restaurants in a Row after Hotel Hamaca, everything depends where you go.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Go to Las Terrenas. Stay at the Hotel Atlantis, which is acutally in Playa Bonita. It is a small boutique hotel, French with great food and a romantic atmosphere. There is a beautiful tropical breeze there, especially at night. It is about 2 hrs from Santo Domingo. Take the new highway north and then just past El Catey/ Samana airport take the new extension of the highway all the way towards Las Terrenas. About 5 minutes from the heart of Las Terrenas you will see a sign on your left for Playa Bonita . Take that left and follow the road until you are almost at the ocean and can't go any further. Take a hard left and follow that road for about 1 minute until you see the sign for Hotel Atlantis on your right. You can google there web site to get info and make reservations. I guarantee you will "score" big points with this place.

LTSteve