Shipping 70" TV.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"K" have you lost your mind????
A "70 inch TV"????.... "WTF"
Just sit closer to a smaller TV, same effect, MUCH cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
"K" have you lost your mind????
A "70 inch TV"????.... "WTF"
Just sit closer to a smaller TV, same effect, MUCH cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Almost....

Robert and his fellow cult follower are making sure I go nuts but not yet.
BuyDig.com - Sony KDL-70R550A 70-Inch 1080P 120Hz Wifi Smart 3D LED (Allow 1-2 days processing)
70" TV that is only $2200 is a killer deal.
I do spend less and less time in my house these days but when I do I want that movie theater experience and perhaps move 42" to my bedroom....

Just thinking and doing researches....
Also I guess I would have to get an approval from my wife on this....
Toys over $500 is a must discussion items....
Its not like I can hide 70" tv on back patio and bringing in when my wife sleeps and not notice...

Jan 9, 2004
Almost....

Robert and his fellow cult follower are making sure I go nuts but not yet.
BuyDig.com - Sony KDL-70R550A 70-Inch 1080P 120Hz Wifi Smart 3D LED (Allow 1-2 days processing)
70" TV that is only $2200 is a killer deal.
I do spend less and less time in my house these days but when I do I want that movie theater experience and perhaps move 42" to my bedroom....

Just thinking and doing researches....
Also I guess I would have to get an approval from my wife on this....
Toys over $500 is a must discussion items....
Its not like I can hide 70" tv on back patio and bringing in when my wife sleeps and not notice...

Well, if you like that one at $2199....you will probably love this one at $1,599:

VIZIO E-Series 70

Seriously, tomorrow I will ask my shipper about door to door costs for that size.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Well, if you like that one at $2199....you will probably love this one at $1,599:

VIZIO E-Series 70

Seriously, tomorrow I will ask my shipper about door to door costs for that size.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Now we are talking...
$1599 for a 70" TV....
I don't like 3D anyways.
If my wife doesn't like this, I guess I won't like her next favorite brand hand bag....
:)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
And you call yourself "Koreano"??????
What Koreano wouldn't buy a "Lois Vitton" knock off, instead of a "REAL" one????
I am always afraid it won't work when it gets here, or how much it will cost, if you can find anywhere, to get it repaired????
You are just having a "Man Cave" flight of fancy.
Two "Grandes", and a big fat cigar, should help!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
WTF does screen size have to with repair ? 32 - 54 - its all inches

They repair them all.... take it from me....

Gotta go... the cologne is choking me

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The duty is charged based upon the size of the TV, not on the price of the TV. You would have to call Montero, Awilda, EncargoPaq, etc and get quotes.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
And you call yourself "Koreano"??????
What Koreano wouldn't buy a "Lois Vitton" knock off, instead of a "REAL" one????
I am always afraid it won't work when it gets here, or how much it will cost, if you can find anywhere, to get it repaired????
You are just having a "Man Cave" flight of fancy.
Two "Grandes", and a big fat cigar, should help!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

This idea got shot down like a moon. Now that my boys are hooked on YouTube videos, and her consistently fighting over 5 episodes of Disney Playhouse, made her put her foot down. Bad for education she said, having too many TV and electronic things are bad for kid. Although we are eyeing on Android phone and tablet for me or my wife, she said this isn't a good idea. I'll see where it goes when we talk face to face...

The Koreana I live with would never allowed to be scene with fake LV. I took her to Chinatown in NYC once and no one will tell the difference but didn't believe me. Maybe next time I visit home I should go to Chinatown and should get a surprise gift of LV (Fake).

Now that you mentioned it. I will keep thinking about this over cigar brought from a guy who works at Scandinavia...

The duty is charged based upon the size of the TV, not on the price of the TV. You would have to call Montero, Awilda, EncargoPaq, etc and get quotes.

So the guy could be asking the boat load of money on this? Perhaps I should wait for PC2 to see what are the actual fees involve beyond $1599...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
When a door to door shipper gives you a quote, that is the price you pay. Customs does ask for high duty for TVs, but that is just the way it is here in the DR.

Jan 17, 2009
EncaeoPaq said the duty is charged n the total price paid for the TV. Bill should be clouded in the box or you can bring it over

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
When a door to door shipper gives you a quote, that is the price you pay. Customs does ask for high duty for TVs, but that is just the way it is here in the DR.

This is gospel.
Quit p*ssing around

Call a mudanza - get a price and ship

Nothing simpler....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
EncaeoPaq said the duty is charged n the total price paid for the TV. Bill should be clouded in the box or you can bring it over

I use EncargoPaq for small items, I would use a mudanza for TVs. They have a deal where the TV is charged by the size. I have been told that by mudanzas a number of times.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Huge screens are easily had these days via projection. My 3d Sharp in my basement, is as clear as my 60" plasma. Yes, they are both 1080 p, difference being the size! Wow! When you view a late issue movie, via hdmi and bluray, it is in incredible!
Even the fibre optic bell feed looks great at 720p.
Big changes.

Just make sure you have a very well backed up power system feeding such a projector. If you should happen to lose power and the cooling fan does not get the chance to cool down the bulb, there is a good chance it the bulb will fail and they are expensive.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
If you love your wife, buy her an iPad Mini. I guarantee she will warm to the idea of a 70" TV very quickly ;)
She had been happy with HTC tablet we got two years ago but we definitely need an upgrade. We are not upgrading it because it there's new version 4 out there and 3 just sucks. With so many new contents out there now require more hardware power, we feel need to get dual or quad core and 2GB memory. And perhaps turn the OLD HTC into my son's plaything later on. You gotta teach them early that overpriced doesn't mean better and getting trapped in a closed OS isn't good thing... :cool:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dominicans often bring a lot of items in their suit cases.
Soooooooooooooooooooooo, be like a Dominican, fly to "Nueba Yol", go to "China Town", buy the biggest "F83King" suitcase you can find, and bring it back with you on the plane!
I have seen them with suitcases big enough to pack an upright piano, or a small car.
I SWEAR"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC