Hi I am new Here.

Munequiita

Jun 14, 2013
Hi guys. I am a female, single mom with a 1 year old baby boy. I was born in Santo Domingo but I live in NY. I do want to move out here in DR. I was thinking of renting a house or condo in the capital, piantini, la Julia, Bella vista, Cuesta hermosa or Arroyo a hondo. Thinking of setting up a recovery home and renting a room to tourists or business travelers. Well at least get some of what I will pay in rent back. I get a steady income of 2500 a month. I can set some of that for rent but will need to have a very successful occupancy per day to produce the remaining needed income. I wonder if I am heading the right way. I see a lot of you guys are so savvy. And could guide me and counsel me better. I just want to be in peace with my child. I don't want him to be in the mean streets of NY. I found a house here with a humongous pool area and backyard. It is like a mini resort. I can also set up a little at home spa business. (I am a licensed Medical aesthetician). This place is nice but it's way over my budget and the owner would like for me to buy it. He doesn't want to rent. Although he would but its extremely high priced. He's renting at 4000 a month and sells for 37 million pesos. About 875k's he's asking for 150k's up front and the rest in three payments. Well I am far from being rich and def can't afford 875k's home. I don't know if I should venture in this. The house is located near the new US embassy. Do ya'll think it would be a good investment? Renting to business personnel from the embassy, recovey home business idea? Or am in over ambitious? Oh the place will also have a spa on the first floor of the 3 floor house. Your help and feedback would be very appreciated.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I know of a 24 room hotel you could grab for that price, WAY overpriced for a house, SLOW down and rent for a year and see if you can even break even. Most sellers will finance knowing they will take it back when you default, very common here.

Sam Wilson

Nov 3, 2012
www.samwilson.com
I know of a 24 room hotel you could grab for that price, WAY overpriced for a house, SLOW down and rent for a year and see if you can even break even. Most sellers will finance knowing they will take it back when you default, very common here.
Exactly....... Maybe rent a nice house near where ur wanting to be and then take your time and see what's going on.... Maybe there's a noisy Disco near the house ur thinking about.... U don't know till you spend some time there.....

Munequiita

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah. He's insane. It's a pretty house. Not a mansion status home. But he's being over ridiculous with those prices. Anyhow if any of you know of a nice big house with a pool that's not more than 50thousand to 55 thousand pesos or less with at least 4 bedrooms. Please let me know. Thank you.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hi guys. I am a female, single mom with a 1 year old baby boy. I was born in Santo Domingo but I live in NY. I do want to move out here in DR. I was thinking of renting a house or condo in the capital, piantini, la Julia, Bella vista, Cuesta hermosa or Arroyo a hondo. Thinking of setting up a recovery home and renting a room to tourists or business travelers. Well at least get some of what I will pay in rent back. I get a steady income of 2500 a month. I can set some of that for rent but will need to have a very successful occupancy per day to produce the remaining needed income. I wonder if I am heading the right way. I see a lot of you guys are so savvy. And could guide me and counsel me better. I just want to be in peace with my child. I don't want him to be in the mean streets of NY. I found a house here with a humongous pool area and backyard. It is like a mini resort. I can also set up a little at home spa business. (I am a licensed Medical aesthetician). This place is nice but it's way over my budget and the owner would like for me to buy it. He doesn't want to rent. Although he would but its extremely high priced. He's renting at 4000 a month and sells for 37 million pesos. About 875k's he's asking for 150k's up front and the rest in three payments. Well I am far from being rich and def can't afford 875k's home. I don't know if I should venture in this. The house is located near the new US embassy. Do ya'll think it would be a good investment? Renting to business personnel from the embassy, recovey home business idea? Or am in over ambitious? Oh the place will also have a spa on the first floor of the 3 floor house. Your help and feedback would be very appreciated.

i have no idea what your source of income is, so i do not know if it would carry over to the DR. you say that you make 2500 per month. is that a stipend ? you can count out making that here if you are going to work for someone. secondly, at 23 years of age, with a child, why are you even looking at million dollar property? why dont you get something affordable, and test the waters first? things look sweet on vacation, but the DR has been known to have some harrowing realities.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You have the most important thing to make living here tolerable, "Lots Of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$"!
You, and your baby, will be just fine, just as long as you don't get involved with any poor Dominican men, that is!
Your life style, and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ will put you in great demand.
Cris,
aka., CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Sam Wilson

Nov 3, 2012
www.samwilson.com
You have the most important thing to make living here tolerable, "Lots Of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$"!
You, and your baby, will be just fine, just as long as you don't get involved with any poor Dominican men, that is!
Your life style, and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ will put you in great demand.
Cris,
aka., CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Ya.. even for American Gringos...LOL

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
American streets are ACTUALLY paved with gold.