Need computer technician for Windows Movie Maker

white light

Sep 25, 2006
I live in Puerto Plata and need a computer person to come to my home office and help me with windows movie maker. I know a lot about it, but there is a problem I?m having and I need expert help. If you know of anyone please let me know their name and telephone number. Thank you so much.

Feb 7, 2007
Why don't you try google? Try to "describe" your problem with some keywords, or error messages. I have been able to solve most of my computer/software issues with Google's help. Even startup BSOD on Win Vista. For the rest, I had to format/reinstall.

bigjim93

Jun 11, 2013
Hi White,

As rubio mentioned can you explain a little about the problem? I'm pretty well versed with computers and can likely locate the instructions online for you to resolve your problem.

Please also include what windows your running.

What you can do that usually is a quick fix is uninstall movie make and then download a fresh copy off microsofts website.

Each windows is a bit different to Uninstall. If your running Win 8, 7 or Vista in your add and remove program (found in control panel) it will be worded as "Windows Essentials" Then you would select which essentials your want to uninstall ( You would want to remove one that might be titled "Photo Gallery and Movie Maker"

If your running a version of windows like XP then when your in "add and remove programs" if you look on the left side panel it should say "add and remove windows components". Search for WMM and uninstall it.

From there reboot your computer, go to microsofts website and download a fresh copy. That should solve the problem. If not report back with what type of errors your running into.

Have a good day!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Generally, most problems with video editing start because it takes huge memory resources and most ordinary computers don't have it, even for a simple editing program like WMM.

If you don't have at least 4gb memory (RAM) with 2gb free, that may be where your problem lies.

I have 8gb and sometimes it'd difficult to manage movie editing because my raw files are often more than that in total.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I live in Puerto Plata and need a computer person to come to my home office and help me with windows movie maker. I know a lot about it, but there is a problem I’m having and I need expert help. If you know of anyone please let me know their name and telephone number. Thank you so much.

Depending on your OS version, they can show you what to do in your PC using remote access to your PC real time.

They don't even have to visit you in person to show you what needs to be done!