Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default motorbikes and where to buy CABARETE SOSUA area

Hi
    Im thinking about purchasing a brand new motor bike budget up to $40000RD or $1000us
    i was looking on supercarros and saw a few brand new 'bottom of the line' bike e.g
    Force CG 200 2013 ( this only an example) 34000rd

questions
    can anyone recommend a great /honest dealer for a bike in this price range in cabarete / sosua?
    what is process of registration?
    how long after i purchase and register it can i take possession of it? what is the usual buying process here?
    I have a lawyer- i really would like her to handle the transfer of title- do you recommend that??
    insurance-liabiltity?? in case i hit or hurt someone... RECOMMENDATIONS costs. I only want third party and if i hurt someone. i do not need insurance to replace the value of my bike

thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    I got mine in Gaspar Hernandez in 2009 and it was a brand new 2010 model and I paid 29,000.00 for it.
    These Chinese bikes are crap though, you get what you pay for. Pay double and get a Yamaha, if it is going to be your main transportation. I just got mine for sh!ts & giggles.
    The current series Chinese bikes are vast improvemeents over those of years past.

They are fine IF you keep them out of the rain (riding is fine, storage in the elements all the time, not so much) and maintain them properly-good oil, grease the cables, joints and fittings, keep proper tire inflation, etc.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

3. Likes CaptnGlenn liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    The current series Chinese bikes are vast improvemeents over those of years past.

They are fine IF you keep them out of the rain (riding is fine, storage in the elements all the time, not so much) and maintain them properly-good oil, grease the cables, joints and fittings, keep proper tire inflation, etc.

So pretty much the same extra care one must have with a Harley? LOL!~~

5. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    So pretty much the same extra care one must have with a Harley? LOL!~~
    It doesn't help Harley's.

When I ride with Harley guys, they make me ride in back.

Seems they're afraid if I get in front they may not be able to keep up.

Besides, somebody has to pick up the parts that shake and vibrate off their bikes.

Harley-Davidson: The most effective way to turn gasoline into noise without producing any horsepower.

Cabin Attendant,

7. Likes PICHARDO, N/A, Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Tire inflation? Do yourself a favour and toss the tires it comes with. Or, sell them as new to someone and buy better quality.
    The quality is horrible!
    Tires don't make that significant a difference on a light bike made for the street.

We're talking under RD$40,000. A decent Yamahammer is twice that.

One gets what one pays for, but my SPECIFIC point is that the quality of the recent series of Chinese bikes is far better than even 3 years ago. The value proposition on a Chinese vs. more expensive bike has narrowed greatly. I never said exceeded.

Not everyone will pay big bucks for a better bike. It's nice to know that you won't be flushing $$$ down the Pelosi when you buy a new Chinese bike. Not like before.
    Cabin Attendant,

9. Likes CaptnGlenn liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinese bikes will be stolen less too. Ladrones prefer Japanese!
    Any bike, given lack of security, will get stolen.

BTW: only the larger Japanese bikes, generally those above 250cc, are made in Japan. The rest are made in China.
    Cabin Attendant,

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The current generation of chinese motorbikes are based on the older suzuki and honda 125 to 250cc....the chinese bought the tools and design of the engines...the quality has improved a lot since. BMW builds the engine for the very expensive Dakar Motorbike in china.... My Japanese Yamaha C3 4 stroke, fuel injected, water cooled scooter I swore up and down was built in Japan...surprise surprise... Made in China...
    Iphones...made in china. Macbook Air? made in china...
    Even some of my not so cheap Carbon Fiber Freediving fins....made in china...
    Go figure...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The chinese are already working on building bigger bikes....its not that far away when the time comes that they will build 750-1100 cc good looking cruisers...then you will see them in el Malecon, La Duarte, Villa Juana and all the rich kids will get ****ed because now the "chopos" got their own version of Harleys!!! Cant wait to see that day LMAO!!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Chinese bikes are good to poison people one day at a time. That moto paint is loaded with God knows what!

The Pichardo

Spin

14. Likes oceanspear liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Pichardo...they are gonna be a force to be reckon with......the poor will buy them in masses cause they are cheap...
    next is cars...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast