tri sodium phosphate

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
I would like to get this product for cleaning our cartridge filter in our pool (and for several other cleaning projects it is good for). Does anyone know if it is available here and what it might be called?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Try asking for fosfato tris?dico. If not at the hardware stores, try a pool supply company.

I suspect if you use the English version, trisodium phosphate or TSP, they will look at you as if you are from another planet.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
This is the reason I try not to post here. I provided good factual concise information and I get a basketball response.

DS

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Check the local colmado for the cheap detergents. I think you will find the majority ingredient in them is TSP.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
This is the reason I try not to post here. I provided good factual concise information and I get a basketball response.

DS

Hey dropshort, relax. I'm sure the poster isn't mean-spirited. I, for one, appreciate your knowledge of chemistry and the chemical composition of TSP. I get it. 3 atoms of sodium (periodic table symbol Na) bonds w/the phosphate salt (PO4) comprised of one phosphorous (P) and 4 oxygen (O) atoms to yield the TSP molecule. Chemistry is a wonderful thing.

Also, some might not know that pharmacists are also chemists so your suggestion is right on. Don't stop posting, please.