AFS is looking for volunteer families to host students 2013

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
AFS Dominican Republic is looking for host families for the record number of arrivals coming from August 2013 through June 2014.

Having been a host family on multiple occasions, can highly recommend the experience. The AFS community is one of the best places to learn about being a parent. One ends up being a better parent in the process. There is so much to gain on both sides.

AFS runs a very successful, human and professional operation in the Dominican Republic. Being part of the volunteer groups is life-changing, too. This is an immersion into becoming an intercultural person, as few others.

Zoila Rosario Mejia is the contact person at AFS Programas Interculturales in Santo Domingo, Tel 809 338-8383 or zoila.rosario@afs.org and AFS Rep?blica Dominicana
The office is located in Los Prados.

Here you can view a video telling about the experience.

Open Your Door - YouTube

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
being a former AFS student, and local president, I might be interested

but I would need some more details

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
being a former AFS student, and local president, I might be interested

but I would need some more details

May I encourage you to contact executive director Pablo Vinas at AFS in SAnto Domingo and make an appointment to meet him.
He is an extraordinary person, a former AFS student himself, and has taken the organization to be the pride of AFS International.

My husband himself was local president for AFS in the Dominican Republic. Ask any questions here and I will try to get the answers for you.

Outside of the student exchange programs, they have young volunteer work programs and soon the possibility of shorter stay exchanges for those who have already graduated or even those who were AFS host families and would like the experience.

You can contact me directly at dolores@dr1.com