Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how to use western union?

forgive me my essential stupidity but i have never used those services and i have no idea how to. a friend from USA will be sending me money for this damn ring.

what does she need? my name and cedula number? or just name? just cedula? any other details?
    i want her to send dollars and i want to receive dollars too, is that possible? do you have to stress the transaction is to be done in dollars or is it automatic? or can i only receive pesos?
    who pays the rate? her while sending? or is it discounted from the amount sent?
    what do i need to pick up the money? cedula? any other document?
    when can i pick up the money? the next day? can i do it few days later if i do not have time to go to WU?

thanks for any help.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

you can receive in pesos, or dollars. the sender specifies how they want it sent.

you only send to a specified name, and country. you can also specify a city. you will get a receipt number with 11 digits, which you will convey to the recipient, who will write it on the recieving form

BE ABSOLUTELY SURE NAMES ARE PROPERLY SPELLED. if one letter is wrong, the sender has to start all over again, because they will not release the money

in the event this information does not help, just stop any chica you see on a passola. she will be an authority on the subject.

by the way, you need some ID to receive, but not to send.

3. Likes DOMINCAN JOE liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine yourself going to a Western Union agent and ask them the questions yourself.

o_O how to find an agent?

Imagine yourself going to their website to look it up, as a matter of facts you might as well see if you can contact them by phone.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

imagine yourself being super helpful

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The sender can do everything online at the Western Union webpage. You provide your name exactly as spelled on your cedula and cedula number to the sender. Take yourself and your cedula to the nearest Western Union pickup office to receive your cash. Also inform the sender if you want to receive USD or pesos.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    The sender can do everything online at the Western Union webpage.
    even if you are sending in cash?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The sender can do everything online at the Western Union webpage. You provide your name exactly as spelled on your cedula and cedula number to the sender. Take yourself and your cedula to the nearest Western Union pickup office to receive your cash. Also inform the sender if you want to receive USD or pesos.
    really, online? by credit card, i presume? cool, thanks!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    even if you are sending in cash?
    I don't believe the OP mentioned the sender was sending "cash"

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    really, online? by credit card, i presume? cool, thanks!
    yes, the sender can use a credit card to send you cash. The sender needs to open up a WU online account but it may be a lot easier for the sender than traveling to a WU office.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe the OP mentioned the sender was sending "cash"
    i don't believe the op mentioned that she wasn't sending cash. what if the sender has no credit card?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast