Rogue vs Qashqai - A Comparison

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Both of these are available in RD... the Rogue is the NoAmerican version, the Qashqai is the European version (there is a Chinese one too - Dualis)

In an earlier thread, I commented that the Rogue and Qashqai were very similar, basically differing in cosmetics and minor features.
The Qashqai and the Dualis are similar , if not identical

WRONG!!!!

The Rogue is 13 inches longer in body and 2 inches in wheelbase than the other two.

To me, they not comparable with these differences.

Our colleague from Poland is looking for a smaller sized automobile.
(Communist roots in full charge here)

Given the above, the Euro version or the Asian version would suit better.

I am sorry for any confusion I may have created.:hurt:

I should add that I was looking at these cars for myself earlier and dismissed the Qashqai in one visit as too small.
It didn't dawn on me that the Rogue was bigger. :cross-eye

Live and learn.

Hopefully, this bit of vehicular minutia will be of use to a future car buyer:rolleyes:

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
Vehicles for the North American market will always be different than other markets. I'll never understand why.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i like nissan qua... quu... whatever, nissan cuca (who the hell gave it that unpronounceable name?). i like nissan murano (older version) even better. but i have been explained they both drink too much petrol and are too "electronic" as in "have lots of s**t that can go wrong", i presume.

we checked so many cars... our budget is not huge... or maybe we do not want to spend too much. i like terrios but for a tiny SUV it is it costs a lot of money... then i briefly entertained an idea of a pickup...

i am hopeless with cars... i just know i do not like the look of some. miesposo recently started talking about corolla, i am repulsed by this, a carro publico? noooo :(

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
As subcompacts go, the new Corollas aren't bad at all.

I'm way too tall to fit in one, but it's a great, relatively inexpensive, reliable car.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i checked the cuca on supercarros but the oldest model is 2011. too expensive :(

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
In that segment of small SUVs, I would go for the koreans. Hyundai and Kia are really building some of the nicest small SUVs out there. Tucson and Sportage seem to be a good fit for a lady. For larger SUVs or for seriously rough rides (off-roading), I'd stay away from them, though.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's why you're the King of the Castle.... I agree totally.

We bought my daughter a Sportage in college..... trouble free

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, i am partial to kia and hyundai too. for rough ride we could borrow a pickup from in laws, besides we hardly go off-roading. 2008 sportage is reasonably priced. is it a good car? same year tucson also has decent price. how about those older models? good economy wise? parts easy to find?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Oh, and when shopping for a small SUV, don't let them sell you a 4x4 model. 4x4 in small SUVs are a fraud. Those cars don't have the engine power, height clearance or suspension toughness to do any of the things a real 4x4 is designed to do. Maybe if there were any snow in DR you could use that 4x4 switch, but since there's no snow that 4x4 option would be good only to drive the price up and reduce mpg because of the increased weight.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
yes, i am partial to kia and hyundai too. for rough ride we could borrow a pickup from in laws, besides we hardly go off-roading. 2008 sportage is reasonably priced. is it a good car? same year tucson also has decent price. how about those older models? good economy wise? parts easy to find?

The older Kia and Tucson are not so good looking for my taste. I think they improved the looks a lot from 2009-2010 on. Parts should not be a problem, since there are a lot of them out there. Those two brands have been consistently getting good reliability reviews for the past few years.