New gang in Santiago???

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
Has anyone heard of a new gang that moved to gurabo? Several days ago my house was marked with red paint on the side of the gate. I did not notice it until a neighbor told me that it was marked by some gang and that they are gonna come back to rob the house. It appears that only my house is marked, how lucky of me. Has anyone else seen a red blob on their house or another persons house?

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
Yeah, i'm gonna paint over it tomorrow, or remove it somehow. To me it looks like a kid did it, but how did they get red paint, idk. But someone told me that other houses have been marked here in gurabo

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Has anyone heard of a new gang that moved to gurabo? Several days ago my house was marked with red paint on the side of the gate. I did not notice it until a neighbor told me that it was marked by some gang and that they are gonna come back to rob the house. It appears that only my house is marked, how lucky of me. Has anyone else seen a red blob on their house or another persons house?

I don't trust your neighbor :)

Sep 4, 2012

I just hope you were feeding the Wachi well enough or else....yo no vi nada :)

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
More like the gang that couldn't shoot straight.

I'm not a gang/robbery expert but it seems to me that giving you as little advanced warning as possible would enhance their success rate. Probably some 8-year old that found some paint. Or a local painter looking for work...

I was thinking maybe it was just some kid, but someone from where i used to live told my mom that there is a new gang here marking houses. Thats why i want to confirm if my house really was marked by a gang or was it just some annoying kids playing around. My neighbor thinks its a gang and wants me to paint it so that the gang knows that we know they are coming. Thats not gonna scare them though.

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
I live in a house, there is no security dude here. Just my neighbor who has a camera security system at his house and a gun. All i have is a baseball bat and 2 dogs, but i keep them in the house at night.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
1stly, is it a blob, or an X?
2ndly, is there a pilon with either a light out, a transformer or a cable nest in it?
3rdly, have you noticed any cable works down the road?
4thly, is your neighbour Dominican? If so, you do know they know everything and if they don't they will casually invent for your benefit.

The only time I've seen red crosses on pilons or roadway, walls, pathway (whatever) is when they expect to be relaying something, are marking existing boundaries with a transit station (say boundaries of a property etc.) The transit stations are also used by surveyors to see if there has been any ground movement by continuously making measurements from two points, if the measurement changes then they can see how much ground movement has occurred over 'such and such' a period. Maybe your gate or another point of significance has moved and they are investigating by how much.

But I'll bet the only 'Red Cross' gang in Hispanola is in Haiti on humanitarian duties, not painting people's posts.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

Paint over it! Maybe they are so dumb that when they come back they won`t remember which house gate was it that they paited on. Maybe they left it for someone else to come back and do the robbery.

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
1stly, is it a blob, or an X?
2ndly, is there a pilon with either a light out, a transformer or a cable nest in it?
3rdly, have you noticed any cable works down the road?
4thly, is your neighbour Dominican? If so, you do know they know everything and if they don't they will casually invent for your benefit.

The only time I've seen red crosses on pilons or roadway, walls, pathway (whatever) is when they expect to be relaying something, are marking existing boundaries with a transit station (say boundaries of a property etc.) The transit stations are also used by surveyors to see if there has been any ground movement by continuously making measurements from two points, if the measurement changes then they can see how much ground movement has occurred over 'such and such' a period. Maybe your gate or another point of significance has moved and they are investigating by how much.

But I'll bet the only 'Red Cross' gang in Hispanola is in Haiti on humanitarian duties, not painting people's posts.

Its not an X, its a blob. Idk what to call it but it does not look like a special marking. There is nothing being worked on here that i can see and my neighbors here are all dominican.