Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Narcotics anonymous Alcoholics Anonymous

My friend is renting my apartment for the next five months. She is a recovering addict and she wants to know if there are any meetings on the island. NA or AA will do, but I think she goes to NA more. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but she said an online search didn't give any results. She speaks a little Spanish, French and English. I searched the forums here but the last post was from 2006, so I thought I'd post again. The post I read said something about the North Coast having some maybe, but that was awhile ago. If anyone knows of a meeting anywhere on the island she'd appreciate it. PM me if you don't feel like breaking your anonymity. I may bump this topic a few times, so I hope the Moderators don't mind. She's only six months into recovery and her life partner is afraid she will relapse in the land of temptation. If there are no meetings and anyone knows of how she might go about setting one up or if anyone knows anyone who wouldn't mind making a meeting that would be awesome too. She will be staying in Bavaro, El Corticeto, but will have wheels. Thanks Everyone!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup there is AA in Cabarete, everyday. I have the number somewhere will PM it to you in the AM. Not sure if I am allowed to post on here his number. I used to go to NA more but it's all the same especially if she is just here for a bit. NA I haven't really looked for i'm sure it's somewhere on the island?!

If i could stay clean 3 months in at burning man, she will have no probs here ;-)
    Last edited by Harleysrock; 06-20-2013 at 01:16 AM.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

AA & NA have help untold numbers of people - this thread is NOT about them though.

It's about WHERE there are meetings.

If you don't have the answer to that - or a suggestion as to where the OP can find the info - don't bother posting, I'll just delete it.

Administrator
    DR1.com

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Dog, the person IS coming here for 6 months. They aren't asking if they should come - they're asking where they can go for a meeting to keep them on the right track. You're free to PM them with whatever commentary you have. In the thread I want it on topic - where are there meetings.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Dog, the person IS coming here for 6 months.
    Really? Sorry I missed that in the OP. And staying in Bavaro (on the North coast right?) sorry AE, but try to laugh!

OP,

NA your gunna be lucky, you might get 6 years for conspiracy to think about drugs use here.

If you need a couple of phone numbers for emergency support then I'd be happy to provide.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

no you didnt read it correctly

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

she is 6 months clean.... not coming for 6 months.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to point this out but seems to have been overlooked, like bavaro on the Northcoast apparently, like reading threads before adjusting them is required

sorry, off topic, my bad, erase us all please, wasn't thinking.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    she is 6 months clean.... not coming for 6 months.
    Read the first sentence. It says the friend is renting apt for five months. I mistyped 6 instead of 5.
    Last edited by AlterEgo; 06-20-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an English speaking AA meeting held in Cabarete daily. (AA/NA/CA)
    For directions and info. 809-307-0321.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast